How to Apply
A completed application encompasses the following items:
- An application
- Application Fee of $25.00
- Official Transcript
- Official Standardized Test Scores
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
- College/Guidance Counselor Letter of Recommendation
Fisk University utilizes the Essay prompts from the Common Application.
The prompts are as follows:2016-2017 Essay Prompts
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
Please note that applications will not be processed until the $25.00 application fee has been received.
Fees can be submitted by:
Mailing check or money order to:
Office of Admission
1000 Seventeenth Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37208
Paying by phone to the University cashier at 615-329-8546
Paying online at fisk.afford.com
(Under the heading that says, "Make A Payment" choose the option that says "Make A One-Time Payment" and click the box that says "Admission Applications & Deposit").
Our application deadlines are as follows:
- Early Action and Priority Scholarship deadline - November 1st
- Regular Decision - February 1st
- Students will be notified of their admission to the University on or before December 30th for Early Action.
- Students who apply Regular Decision will receive notification on or before March 31st.
Fisk University does have a Rolling Admission process which students will be admitted if there is space available.
Fall 2016 Admitted Student Profile
Middle 50% GPA of Admitted Students 2.95 - 3.27
Middle 50 % ACT of Admitted Students 20 - 23
Middle 50% SAT of Admitted Students 940 – 1050 CR and Math