Career Pathways Initiative
Important CPI Info
The UNCF® Career Pathways Initiative, which is funded by the Lilly Endowment, is a five-year, grant-funded pilot program designed to enhance selected institutions’ capacity to help their students find meaningful employment in their desired career fields.
There are three primary CPI goals:
- Guided Pathways – Placing student success at the center of institutional operations by engaging students in their learning journey and ensuring that they get on, stay on, and graduate from an academic pathway that facilitates personal and professional growth.
- Curricular Enhancements – A collaborative redesign of current curricula to streamline course and program offerings and embed 21st century competencies in students’ learning outcomes.
- Integrated Co-Curricular Engagement – Integration of learning activities from outside the classroom with coursework that increase students’ skill development and competencies.
Over the course of five years, Fisk students will receive advisement that will include career pathway options and training and development that focuses on career readiness and preparation. Students will participate in Career Assessments, Professional Development Workshops, Networking and Mentoring Opportunities and Competitive Portfolios/ Resume Building Exercises. The University will take a collaborative effort in helping students secure internships, research projects, experiential and service learning and travel abroad opportunities. At the end of year five, Fisk students will have the skills necessary to compete in high demand professions, with fortune 500 companies, and also be able to transition to great academic programs with graduate/professional schools.
- Identified 18 Fisk Faculty Discipline Champions
- Administered the Strong Survey Assessment(Career Interest) to incoming Freshmen
- Launched the three-day Industry Expo
- Enhanced Core 100 Course (Freshmen Class Experience)
- Purchased Branding Materials for OCPD programming and services
- Implemented the Office of Career Planning and Development Ambassador Program
- Hosted Career Development Week
- Collaborated on Leadership Series and Center for Financial Advancement (CFA)