- When signing up please be reminded that you ARE REQUIRED TO USE YOUR FISK EMAIL (ex: JDoe17@my.fisk.edu) or we will not be able to verify your hours on the Fisk Student Report.
- If you do not get a verification email immediately, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is possible you’ve incorrectly inputted your email when registering, as this happens often.
OCPD Service Learning
Fisk University’s projects focus on supporting and improving our community and building relationships with its residents. When choosing projects, students should think about what interests them and what qualities, abilities, and skills they can use in the community. Our values reflect our overall ethical and moral engagement. We believe that individuals achieve high standards when supported by the collective work of others. We reinforce this value by constantly creating opportunities to collaborate both inside and outside of traditional alliances on our University, our proximate community, and the world. It is our responsibility to prepare young people to be stewards of an ever-changing world. That means that we must model behavior grounded in truthfulness and compassion. Leaders are obligated to empower those around them. We are consistent, transparent, and accountable. Through our words and behaviors, we encourage others to exhibit these same attributes. Service is our ability to give the gift of knowledge to humanity. As we serve, we become transformed and so do our communities.
This year we transitioned to a new platform to track volunteer hours called MyVoluntier. On this site, you will be able to track and get your hours approved. All students are required to read the Service Learning Guidelines and Procedures below.
Any Faculty/staff needing a sub-organization account to approve volunteer hours on campus, please contact Lakiesha Griffin.
Any partners needing an account to approve volunteer hours outside of Fisk, please sign up as an organization on MyVoluntier. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lakiesha Griffin.
Navigating through MYVOLUNTIER
- Volunteer managers are required to have a profile and volunteer opportunity (ex. Beautification Project with Cheekwood on Saturday, June 15, 2020) in the system in order for you to log your hours and the manager to verify them.
- If the organization of which you are volunteering DOES NOT have an account in the system. You will NOT be able to log your hours.
- If hours are not logged into the system, you will not receive credit towards hours worked. Hours completed in the past can be logged and verified, as long as the Volunteer Manager approves the request before the beginning of the next semester.
- Hours worked will count towards your scholarship and class requirement (ex: Core 100 and Institutional Scholarships: Presidential, Provost, etc.)
- Record your hours as you complete them using the MyVoluntier website. It is your responsibility to keep track of your hours that you have done
If you have questions about if your hours will count, or if the volunteer site is approved, please email The Office of Career Planning and Development at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org