How Do I Get Information about the University Ceremony and Graduation Baccalaureate?
Seniors can access the most up to date schedule of all senior activities for graduation on the Commencement Guide - Class of 2019 (763 KB, PDF) or call the Office of the Registrar (615)329-8586

Are tickets required for the 144th commencement ceremony?
No. Tickets are not required for the university commencement ceremony.

How do I order a Cap and Gown for the Ceremony? And what office do I pick it up from?
Graduating Seniors should have all orders submitted to the Jostens website. If ordered after the date designated by the Office of the Registrar, student will incur an additional fee and paid through at the University bookstore. All University regalia will be available to be picked up in the University Bookstore, 1st floor of Spence hall.

What do I need to do before graduation?
1) You must complete and submit an application for graduation through the Fisk Website.
2) Student must meet with their Academic Advisor twice, once in the Fall and again in the Spring semester to ensure you have met all university requirements.
3) Complete Financial Aid or Loans Receivable Exit Interview: If you have borrowed from the Stafford/Direct loan program, you must complete an exit counseling session. You will need to have your Department of Education PIN (not your F.U. Card PIN) to access this site. If you no longer have this PIN number, you can request a duplicate on-line. If you do not have computer access, you can stop in the Office of Financial Aid in Carnegie Hall to complete an exit interview. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid, Carnegie Hall, or phone (615)329-8735.
If you have borrowed from the Disadvantaged Student Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, Health Profession Student Loan, Perkins Loan, or University Long Term Loan programs, you will be required to complete an exit counseling session. If you have any questions please contact the Office of Financial Aid, Carnegie Hall, or phone (615)329-8735.
Your transcript will not be released if you have a remaining balance with the university.

How early should my family and I arrive for the commencement ceremony?
Graduating Students: Student should arrive at Mt. Zion Baptist Church 2 hours prior to the start of ceremony to ensure all student have their placement cards and in their proper line.
Family and Guest: The Doors of Mt. Zion Baptist Church will open to guest one hour before the start of graduation.

When will Degrees be conferred and when should I expect to receive my diploma?
The certification and conferral of your degree takes place a minimum of three weeks after grades are due for the semester in which your degree is being conferred.

  • The official degree conferral date for the Spring 2019 commencement is May 7, 2019.

Once your degree is conferred, the Office of the Registrar will order your diploma, delivery of which may take an additional 6-8 weeks following degree conferral. If your diploma address will change after graduation, you must notify the Office of the Registrar at . If your diploma is sent to the address of record and the diploma is either returned or lost, there will be an additional fee(s) of $60.00 to replace and re-send your diploma.