Director: Ms. DeLisa Minor-Harris
- Legislative Allowable Activity (LAA) Category:
- Purchase of library books, periodicals, microfilm, and other educational materials, including telecommunications program materials.
- Activity Abstract
- The Fisk University John Hope and Aurelia E. Franklin Library's mission is to provide Fisk University bibliographical, physical, and intellectual entries to knowledge recorded in a variety of formats and consistent with continuing and anticipated instructional, research, collaborative, and cultural roles of the university. As the academic hub of the university, the library will develop, adapt, to meet the needs of the current virtual campus community and physical community.
- Developing additional experiential learning opportunities with external partners, including internships and service-learning projects.
- Steering campus planning and resource management to promote effective use of University’s resources
- Enhancing the library’s building space to be flexible, attractive, safe, energy-efficient, and accessible for research, teaching, learning, and collaboration
- Provide Access to Library resources and collections that meet the changing information environment and align with the University Virtual Learning Plan
- Promote professional development and programming that helps library faculty and staff to be successful in a changing environment and embrace broader engagement with the campus community, community partners, and professional library organizations