Fisk Fitness Center Rules & Regulations
- - ALL Patrons must check-in at the sign-in desk.
- - Patrons exercise at their own risk. Individuals are responsible for their own health and safety. Each patron is required to complete a statement of health and complete the Fitness center orientation before 1st use of the fitness center.
- - Patrons must have a valid and current Fisk Student/Staff/Faculty ID.
- - All equipment and areas are on a first come first serve basis.
- - Patrons are financially responsible for equipment borrowed, as well as general equipment if misused.
- -Gym shoes and shirts are required. Please no jeans . Please be courteous to others by observing proper regular hygiene and limiting use of perfumed sprays.
- -Offensive language or behavior, roughhousing, and fighting will not be tolerated. Fisk is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Patrons are under video surveillance.
- Approved Fisk programs and events will have first priority.
- - Food and drinks are not permitted — water bottles only.
- - Please wipe down equipment after each use.
- - Do not remove workout equipment from the weight room.
- - Please notify fitness center staff of any equipment that is not functioning properly. Do not attempt to fix it yourself , or use it if you believe it to be broken.
- - ALL Personal trainers must be on contract with Fisk University. No freelance personal trainers will be permitted within the facility.
- - Facility use may be suspended or revoked at any time - we are a zero-tolerance facility.
- Weight Room Policies
-Please DO NOT DROP or throw weights and/or equipment.
Please maintain control of weights and equipment at all times during use. If you hear a “bang” or the weight bounces on the floor, you are dropping weights. Every time a weight is dropped, it endangers yourself and others around you, damages the floor, disrupts classes and offices, and lowers the life expectancy of the weight. Patrons who carelessly drop weights and have been asked more than once to stop dropping weights will be asked to leave the weight room. If you are performing deadlifts, please do not bang the weights on the floor, and use spotters on all heavy lifts.
Please re-rack and/or return weights and equipment to their proper storage areas after use.
Locker Room Policies
- - Place all personal belongings in lockers. (Please bring your own lock as they will not be provided)
- - Please use a locker or cubby for all personal belongings.
- - No items are permitted on the gym floor at any time.
- - Fisk University is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.