Dear Fisk Students, Alumni, and Friends of Fisk:
Homecoming 2017 is here and we are looking forward to a time of celebration with our friends and family. We hope that you will consider joining us for our weeklong homecoming festivities, beginning Sunday, November 5 – Sunday, November 12.
As we prepare for the upcoming week of festivities, President Kevin D. Rome, Sr. and the Campus Safety Department has worked diligently to ensure that Homecoming 2017 will be a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
The Campus Safety Department would like to share the following safety tips to ensure a safe homecoming experience at Fisk University:
- Be alert to your surroundings and attentive throughout all activities. If you see suspicious activities, please contact Campus Safety at 615-329-8777.
- Remain alert when crossing streets, especially D.B. Todd Blvd., Jefferson Street, and Jackson Street. Please use pedestrian crosswalks at all times.
- Do not operate a vehicle while under the influence. Please consider using local rideshare options such as Lyft or Uber or calling a taxi service at 615-865-4100.
- Keep fire lanes clear at all times.
- No parking allowed on Jackson Street between 17th and DB Todd Blvd.
- Park Smart - Secure valuables at home or in your trunk before parking in a well-lit and visible lot. Lock your vehicle and take only the items needed.
The Campus Safety Department will be present at all events on campus.
Again, should you need help, please contact 615-329-8777.
We look forward to a memorable experience and hope to see each of you at Homecoming 2017.
Mickey West, Director and Chief
Campus Safety Department, Fisk University