Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
Nashville, Tenn., March 29, 2017- Carla Harris, vice chairman and managing director of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, has been confirmed as the next lecturer for The Executive Series at Fisk University. Harris’ appearance follows the March lecture given by Butch Spyridon, president of the Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau. The Executive Series is a monthly lecture series featuring top executives who share their stories, expertise, and interpretation of leadership.
The lecture will be held on Tuesday, April 4 at 12:00pm in the Multipurpose Room of Spence Hall.
Harris began her career with Morgan Stanley in the Mergers & Acquisitions department in 1987. In her current role, she is responsible for increasing client connectivity to enhance revenue generation across Morgan Stanley. An alumna of Harvard University, she holds honorary Doctorates of Laws, Humanities and Business from Marymount Manhattan College, Bloomfield College, Jacksonville University, Simmons College, the College of New Rochelle, St. Thomas Aquinas College and Fisk University.
“We are excited to welcome Carla Harris back to Fisk University. Her wealth of knowledge, leadership skills, and record of success are definitely what our students need to see during these exciting times in our global economy,” said Dr. Jens Frederiksen. “As we continue to broaden the exposure of our students to global business leaders, it is our hope that these face-to-face conversations with top leaders will help shape our current students into the leaders of tomorrow.”
The Executive Series will include an hour-long lecture, followed by a Q-and-A session for Fisk University students. Launched late 2016, the Series is part of a continuous effort of Fisk University to establish relationships with regional, national, and global corporations in different sectors to support networking opportunities and recruitment.
- 2017 Homecoming Schedule of Events Released
- Fisk University Hacking Team Finishes Among The Top Three In Black Enterprise Hackathon
- Freshman Yahya Mohamed Selected for UNCF® HBCU Innovation Summit in Silicon Valley
- Founding Partner of Pharos Capital Group to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Fisk University to Host 2nd Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held October 6 at Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK to host 12th Annual Radiothon
- Fisk University Announces Partnership with Art Bridges Foundation
- Fisk University Ranks as Top 10 HBCU in 2018 U.S. News and World Report Listing