University Offices Closed Due to Inclement Weather
With Hurricane Irma expected to affect middle Tennessee by this afternoon, Fisk University will close it campus at 3:00 p.m. today and all evening classes are cancelled, as well as scheduled campus activities. The University will remain closed on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 and will reopen on Wednesday, September 13.
We will continue to evaluate weather conditions and provide any updates as needed.
The latest information from the National Weather Service in Nashville suggests it will hit the Nashville area about 7 p.m. as a Tropical Depression. The storm is expected to bring heavy rains and winds of 25-50 mph by the time it hits the midstate.
Thompson Facilities and Campus Safety will be on campus throughout the night to address any water intrusion problems. Everyone is encouraged to stay indoors and not to travel during high winds and heavy rain. If winds become strong, stay away from doors and windows. Take refuge in an interior room, closet or hallway.
In case of high winds and heavy rain, we urge students who live on campus to stay indoors and follow the directions and safety recommendations of the Living/Learning Center Coordinators (LLC). Any changes to dining hall hours will be communicated to you through your LLC.
To report any issues encountered on campus, please call Campus Safety at 615-329-8777. We will continue to evaluate the campus and community conditions and provide any updates to you as needed.
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8