The HBCU Campaign Fund Recognizes Fisk President Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D. As One of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders of 2018
Nashville, Tenn., January 19, 2018- The HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) recognized Fisk University president, Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D., as one of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders on Monday, Jan. 15, for his outstanding success as a leading force of change at multiple universities.
HCF selected ten HBCU Presidents who are influential leaders and currently display responsibilities in leadership in the progress of moving their institutions forward.
Rome was among many HBCU leaders recognized for bringing changes in policy, perspectives, and decisions that reflect the students of their institutions. His history of success as the president of Lincoln University of Missouri included a 50% increase in student enrollment and effective management of the $57 million budget for the university. Rome was also responsible for the establishment of multiple institutional programs and initiatives within the University.
Before his term as President of Lincoln University of Missouri, Rome served as Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at North Carolina Central University. His leadership has also extended him to serve as vice president for student services at Morehouse College, vice president for campus life at Clayton State University, and assistant vice chancellor for student life and diversity at Indiana University – Purdue University, Indianapolis.
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising
- Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement