The HBCU Campaign Fund Recognizes Fisk President Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D. As One of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders of 2018
Nashville, Tenn., January 19, 2018- The HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) recognized Fisk University president, Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D., as one of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders on Monday, Jan. 15, for his outstanding success as a leading force of change at multiple universities.
HCF selected ten HBCU Presidents who are influential leaders and currently display responsibilities in leadership in the progress of moving their institutions forward.
Rome was among many HBCU leaders recognized for bringing changes in policy, perspectives, and decisions that reflect the students of their institutions. His history of success as the president of Lincoln University of Missouri included a 50% increase in student enrollment and effective management of the $57 million budget for the university. Rome was also responsible for the establishment of multiple institutional programs and initiatives within the University.
Before his term as President of Lincoln University of Missouri, Rome served as Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at North Carolina Central University. His leadership has also extended him to serve as vice president for student services at Morehouse College, vice president for campus life at Clayton State University, and assistant vice chancellor for student life and diversity at Indiana University – Purdue University, Indianapolis.
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8
- Rising to the Occasion in a Challenging Political Climate: Fisk University to Host a Leadership and Politics Luncheon Featuring Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson on April 4
- India.Arie to Headline Ryman Auditorium with The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Fisk University Receives $1 Million Gift from Board of Trustees Member
- The Executive Series Set for February 28 at Fisk University
- Fisk University Sets Inauguration for Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D.
- Faces of Fisk: Katharine A. Burnett