The Fisk Jubilee Singers® to Co-Headline Ryman Auditorium for annual Spring Sing concert with 4x-GRAMMY® winner India.Arie
Nashville, Tenn., January 17, 2019 – 4x-GRAMMY® award winner India.Arie will co-headline Ryman Auditorium with the world-renowned Fisk Jubilee Singers® on Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. Proceeds from this year’s Spring Sing concert will benefit the Fisk Jubilee Singers’ scholarship fund.
The annual Spring Sing concert will feature the Singers’ traditional repertoire under the direction of Paul T. Kwami, D.M.A. Shannon Sanders, the GRAMMY®, Emmy and Dove award-winning producer, will serve as co-musical director for the concert with Kwami.
“The Fisk Jubilee Singers® and Ryman Auditorium are two of Nashville's greatest institutions and I am honored to again work alongside Dr. Kwami and the Singers to present a great night of music for the Nashville community,” said Sanders.
Multiplatinum singer/songwriter India.Arie emerged on the music scene with the release of 2001’s RIAA double-platinum certified Acoustic Soul. She continued her trail of successful releases with 2002’s platinum-certified Voyage to India, 2006’s gold-certified Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship and its 2009 sequel Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics. She has sold over 10 million copies worldwide. Her latest single, That Magic, currently sits at #6 on the Billboard Adult R&B Songs chart.
The Fisk Jubilee Singers®, organized as a choral ensemble in 1871, have played an important role in introducing and sustaining the tradition of the Negro spiritual to the world. The ensemble traveled throughout the world in the 1800s, singing songs that were sacred to them and raising money to support Fisk University. Today, the ensemble continues to travel globally and is comprised of Fisk University students who are selected annually through an audition process. This ensemble has received numerous awards, including induction into the Music City Walk of Fame and the GRAMMY® Hall of Fame. The Fisk Jubilee Singers® were also awarded the National Medal of Arts, the nation’s highest artistic honor, in 2008 at the White House by former President George W. Bush.
Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased at https://ryman.com/events/fisk-jubilee-singers-2019/ or by contacting the box office at (615) 889-3060. For more information on the Spring Sing concert or The Fisk Jubilee Singers®, please contact Dr. Paul Kwami at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-329-8744.
- The Fisk Jubilee Singers® to Co-Headline Ryman Auditorium for annual Spring Sing concert with 4x-GRAMMY® winner India.Arie
- Fisk University Students Selected As Finalists For The Luard Morse Scholarship
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Convocation Set For January 17 At Fisk University
- Fisk University Partners with the Museum of the Bible and the Smithsonian for Slave Bible Exhibition
- Former “The Voice” Contestant To Headline Christmas At Fisk Showcase Concert
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program