The Executive Series Set for February 28 at
-Roland G. Parrish, CEO and Owner of Parrish Restaurants, LTD
will serve as guest lecturer -
Nashville Tenn., February 8, 2018 - Fisk University has announced the latest installment of The Executive Series to be held Wednesday, February 28 at 1:15pm in the Appleton Room of Jubilee Hall. The Executive Series is a monthly lecture series featuring top executives who share their stories, expertise, and interpretation of leadership. Roland G. Parrish, CEO/Owner of Parrish Restaurants, Ltd, will serve as the guest lecturer.
Parrish’s career in restaurant management began in 1989 when he opened his first restaurant in Pleasant Grove, TX. Today, Parrish is the franchise owner of 23 McDonald’s restaurants in the North Texas area. Parrish Restaurants, LTD was listed as the 9th largest minority owned business in the 2016 rankings by The Dallas Business Journal. Additionally, Parrish Restaurants, LTD have been consistently recognized by Black Enterprise Magazine as one of the Top 100 Black Owned Businesses in the United States. A graduate of Purdue University, Parrish is the former Chairman and CEO of the National Black McDonald’s Owner/Operators Association.
“With The Executive Series, we are providing our students and members of the community with face-to-face conversations with top leaders who are shaping our economy on a daily basis,” said Dr. Jens Frederiksen, vice president of institutional advancement and strategic development. “Fisk University is committed to broadening the exposure of our students to global business leaders and for those students to hear firsthand which leadership lessons remain invaluable in this new economic landscape.”
The Executive Series will include an hour-long lecture, followed by a Q-and-A session. The event is open to the general public. The Executive Series is part of a continuous effort of Fisk University to establish relationships with regional, national, and global corporations in different sectors to support networking opportunities and recruitment. For more information about The Executive Series, please contact Dr. Jens Frederiksen at email@example.com or 615-329-8530.
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8
- Rising to the Occasion in a Challenging Political Climate: Fisk University to Host a Leadership and Politics Luncheon Featuring Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson on April 4
- India.Arie to Headline Ryman Auditorium with The Fisk Jubilee Singers®