PRESIDENT OF NASHVILLE CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU TO SPEAK AT FISK UNIVERSITY FOR
THE EXECUTIVE SERIES
Nashville, Tenn., February 28, 2017- Butch Spyridon, president of the Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau, has been confirmed as the next lecturer for The Executive Series at Fisk University. Spyridon’s appearance follows the February lecture given by Joelle Phillips, president of AT&T Tennessee. The Executive Series is a monthly lecture series featuring Nashville’s top executives who share their stories, expertise, and interpretation of leadership.
The lecture will be held on Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 12:00pm in the Multipurpose Room of Spence Hall at Fisk University.
Spyridon has served as president and CEO of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp (NCVC) since 1991. Under his leadership, Nashville has evolved into a top global and year-round destination for meeting and leisure visitors and a major source of economic activity for the region.
“These are exciting times in our global economy as we watch the traditional guidelines for production, marketing and management change in a multitude of ways. Fisk University is committed to broadening the exposure of our students to global business leaders and for those students to hear firsthand which leadership lessons remain invaluable in this new economic landscape” said Dr. Jens Frederiksen, vice president of institutional advancement and strategic development. “With The Executive Series, we are providing Fisk students with face-to-face conversations with top leaders who are shaping our economy on a daily basis.”
The Executive Series will include an hour-long lecture, followed by a Q-and-A session for Fisk University students. Launched late 2016, the Series is part of a continuous effort of Fisk University to establish relationships with regional, national, and global corporations in different sectors to support networking opportunities and recruitment.
- 2017 Homecoming Schedule of Events Released
- Fisk University Hacking Team Finishes Among The Top Three In Black Enterprise Hackathon
- Freshman Yahya Mohamed Selected for UNCF® HBCU Innovation Summit in Silicon Valley
- Founding Partner of Pharos Capital Group to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Fisk University to Host 2nd Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held October 6 at Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK to host 12th Annual Radiothon
- Fisk University Announces Partnership with Art Bridges Foundation
- Fisk University Ranks as Top 10 HBCU in 2018 U.S. News and World Report Listing