PRESIDENT OF NASHVILLE CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU TO SPEAK AT FISK UNIVERSITY FOR
THE EXECUTIVE SERIES
Nashville, Tenn., February 28, 2017- Butch Spyridon, president of the Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau, has been confirmed as the next lecturer for The Executive Series at Fisk University. Spyridon’s appearance follows the February lecture given by Joelle Phillips, president of AT&T Tennessee. The Executive Series is a monthly lecture series featuring Nashville’s top executives who share their stories, expertise, and interpretation of leadership.
The lecture will be held on Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 12:00pm in the Multipurpose Room of Spence Hall at Fisk University.
Spyridon has served as president and CEO of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp (NCVC) since 1991. Under his leadership, Nashville has evolved into a top global and year-round destination for meeting and leisure visitors and a major source of economic activity for the region.
“These are exciting times in our global economy as we watch the traditional guidelines for production, marketing and management change in a multitude of ways. Fisk University is committed to broadening the exposure of our students to global business leaders and for those students to hear firsthand which leadership lessons remain invaluable in this new economic landscape” said Dr. Jens Frederiksen, vice president of institutional advancement and strategic development. “With The Executive Series, we are providing Fisk students with face-to-face conversations with top leaders who are shaping our economy on a daily basis.”
The Executive Series will include an hour-long lecture, followed by a Q-and-A session for Fisk University students. Launched late 2016, the Series is part of a continuous effort of Fisk University to establish relationships with regional, national, and global corporations in different sectors to support networking opportunities and recruitment.
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8