National Research Program Selects Fisk University Student for Summer Research Program
Nashville, Tenn., May 19, 2017 - Sharee Brewer, a senior Biology major from Jackson, TN has been selected to attend the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (SRE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK). The SRE program is sponsored by the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS). Each year, NIMBioS selects 16 undergraduates from universities across the United States and one high school teacher to attend the summer research program.
The 2017 NIMBioS SRE program runs for eight weeks, beginning June 5-July 28. Undergraduate participants receive free university apartment-style housing, a stipend of $4,000 and up to $650 of support for travel to and from Knoxville. Participants work in teams with NIMBioS postdoctoral researchers and UTK faculty on research at the interface of mathematics and biology. Projects range from mathematical modeling of mating patterns in birds' evolution to modeling the effect of seasonality in host-pathogen disease dynamics.
More information about the SRE program and projects can be found at http://www.nimbios.org/sre/sre2017.
- Jazzy 88 WFSK to host 12th annual Radiothon
- Fisk University Announces Partnership with Art Bridges Foundation
- Fisk University Ranks as Top 10 HBCU in 2018 U.S. News and World Report Listing
- Fisk University to launch Center for Financial Advancement
- University Offices Closed due to Inclement Weather
- Fisk University Ranks High in College Guide Annual Ranking
- Dr. Reavis Mitchell featured on NewsChannel 5’s OpenLine
- Fisk University and KIPP Charter Schools-Nashville Announce Partnership Agreement
- Solar Eclipse Viewing Party Scheduled for August 21
- Fisk University English Majors Selected for Summer Research Programs