National Research Program Selects Fisk University Student for Summer Research Program
Nashville, Tenn., May 19, 2017 - Sharee Brewer, a senior Biology major from Jackson, TN has been selected to attend the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (SRE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK). The SRE program is sponsored by the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS). Each year, NIMBioS selects 16 undergraduates from universities across the United States and one high school teacher to attend the summer research program.
The 2017 NIMBioS SRE program runs for eight weeks, beginning June 5-July 28. Undergraduate participants receive free university apartment-style housing, a stipend of $4,000 and up to $650 of support for travel to and from Knoxville. Participants work in teams with NIMBioS postdoctoral researchers and UTK faculty on research at the interface of mathematics and biology. Projects range from mathematical modeling of mating patterns in birds' evolution to modeling the effect of seasonality in host-pathogen disease dynamics.
More information about the SRE program and projects can be found at http://www.nimbios.org/sre/sre2017.
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
- Christmas at Fisk 2017
- HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK Recognized as Best Jazz Station in Nashville
- Fisk University to Unveil Historic Marker for The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Chief Operating Officer for Health Care Navigator to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Faces of Fisk Campaign to Showcase Contributions of Faculty and Staff at Fisk University
- Fisk University Alumni Homecoming Events 2017