National Research Program Selects Fisk University Student for Summer Research Program
Nashville, Tenn., May 19, 2017 - Sharee Brewer, a senior Biology major from Jackson, TN has been selected to attend the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (SRE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK). The SRE program is sponsored by the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS). Each year, NIMBioS selects 16 undergraduates from universities across the United States and one high school teacher to attend the summer research program.
The 2017 NIMBioS SRE program runs for eight weeks, beginning June 5-July 28. Undergraduate participants receive free university apartment-style housing, a stipend of $4,000 and up to $650 of support for travel to and from Knoxville. Participants work in teams with NIMBioS postdoctoral researchers and UTK faculty on research at the interface of mathematics and biology. Projects range from mathematical modeling of mating patterns in birds' evolution to modeling the effect of seasonality in host-pathogen disease dynamics.
More information about the SRE program and projects can be found at http://www.nimbios.org/sre/sre2017.
- The Fisk Jubilee Singers® to Co-Headline Ryman Auditorium for annual Spring Sing concert with 4x-GRAMMY® winner India.Arie
- Fisk University Students Selected As Finalists For The Luard Morse Scholarship
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Convocation Set For January 17 At Fisk University
- Fisk University Partners with the Museum of the Bible and the Smithsonian for Slave Bible Exhibition
- Former “The Voice” Contestant To Headline Christmas At Fisk Showcase Concert
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program