National Research Program Selects Fisk University Student for Summer Research Program
Nashville, Tenn., May 19, 2017 - Sharee Brewer, a senior Biology major from Jackson, TN has been selected to attend the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (SRE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK). The SRE program is sponsored by the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS). Each year, NIMBioS selects 16 undergraduates from universities across the United States and one high school teacher to attend the summer research program.
The 2017 NIMBioS SRE program runs for eight weeks, beginning June 5-July 28. Undergraduate participants receive free university apartment-style housing, a stipend of $4,000 and up to $650 of support for travel to and from Knoxville. Participants work in teams with NIMBioS postdoctoral researchers and UTK faculty on research at the interface of mathematics and biology. Projects range from mathematical modeling of mating patterns in birds' evolution to modeling the effect of seasonality in host-pathogen disease dynamics.
More information about the SRE program and projects can be found at http://www.nimbios.org/sre/sre2017.
- Fisk University Receives $1 Million Gift from Board of Trustees Member
- The Executive Series Set for February 28 at Fisk University
- Fisk University Sets Inauguration for Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D.
- Faces of Fisk: Katharine A. Burnett
- Fisk University Advances to National Qualifying Tournament of 29th Annual Honda Campus All-Star Challenge
- Fisk University Sets 20th Annual Piersen Lecture for February 22
- Fisk University Relaunches The Talented Tenth Scholars Program
- Fisk University Students to Compete in HBCU National Speech and Debate Championship Tournament
- HBCU Campaign Fund Recognizes President Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D. As One of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders of 2018
- Fisk University Closed Due to Inclement Weather