National Research Program Selects Fisk University Student for Summer Research Program
Nashville, Tenn., May 19, 2017 - Sharee Brewer, a senior Biology major from Jackson, TN has been selected to attend the Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (SRE) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK). The SRE program is sponsored by the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS). Each year, NIMBioS selects 16 undergraduates from universities across the United States and one high school teacher to attend the summer research program.
The 2017 NIMBioS SRE program runs for eight weeks, beginning June 5-July 28. Undergraduate participants receive free university apartment-style housing, a stipend of $4,000 and up to $650 of support for travel to and from Knoxville. Participants work in teams with NIMBioS postdoctoral researchers and UTK faculty on research at the interface of mathematics and biology. Projects range from mathematical modeling of mating patterns in birds' evolution to modeling the effect of seasonality in host-pathogen disease dynamics.
More information about the SRE program and projects can be found at http://www.nimbios.org/sre/sre2017.
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium