Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
Nashville, Tenn., October 2, 2017 – Crystal Brooks, the reigning Miss Fisk University, was crowned as the 2018 Miss NBCA by The National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame on Saturday, September 30 before a sold-out crowd at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, GA.
Held annually, the Miss NBCA pageant showcases campus queens from historically black colleges and universities (HBCU’s). As part of the competition, the queens are judged in five categories and the winner receives an academic scholarship and various gifts and prizes. Miss NBCA serves as a national representative and advocates on behalf of HBCUs.
An Oakland, CA native and member of the historic Fisk Jubilee Singers®, Brooks was named Miss Fisk University in spring 2017. Brooks’ win on Saturday marked the first time in 15 years that a reigning Miss Fisk was crowned as Miss NBCA; the last winner being Darcie Chism Finch, in 2002.
For more information about the NBCA or the Competition of Queens, please visit (https://www.nbcahof.com/index.php/nbca-hall-of-fame-weekend/competition-of-queens).
- 2017 Homecoming Schedule of Events Released
- Fisk University Hacking Team Finishes Among The Top Three In Black Enterprise Hackathon
- Freshman Yahya Mohamed Selected for UNCF® HBCU Innovation Summit in Silicon Valley
- Founding Partner of Pharos Capital Group to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Fisk University to Host 2nd Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held October 6 at Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK to host 12th Annual Radiothon
- Fisk University Announces Partnership with Art Bridges Foundation
- Fisk University Ranks as Top 10 HBCU in 2018 U.S. News and World Report Listing