Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
Nashville, Tenn., October 2, 2017 – Crystal Brooks, the reigning Miss Fisk University, was crowned as the 2018 Miss NBCA by The National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame on Saturday, September 30 before a sold-out crowd at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, GA.
Held annually, the Miss NBCA pageant showcases campus queens from historically black colleges and universities (HBCU’s). As part of the competition, the queens are judged in five categories and the winner receives an academic scholarship and various gifts and prizes. Miss NBCA serves as a national representative and advocates on behalf of HBCUs.
An Oakland, CA native and member of the historic Fisk Jubilee Singers®, Brooks was named Miss Fisk University in spring 2017. Brooks’ win on Saturday marked the first time in 15 years that a reigning Miss Fisk was crowned as Miss NBCA; the last winner being Darcie Chism Finch, in 2002.
For more information about the NBCA or the Competition of Queens, please visit (https://www.nbcahof.com/index.php/nbca-hall-of-fame-weekend/competition-of-queens).
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event