Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
Nashville, Tenn., October 2, 2017 – Crystal Brooks, the reigning Miss Fisk University, was crowned as the 2018 Miss NBCA by The National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame on Saturday, September 30 before a sold-out crowd at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, GA.
Held annually, the Miss NBCA pageant showcases campus queens from historically black colleges and universities (HBCU’s). As part of the competition, the queens are judged in five categories and the winner receives an academic scholarship and various gifts and prizes. Miss NBCA serves as a national representative and advocates on behalf of HBCUs.
An Oakland, CA native and member of the historic Fisk Jubilee Singers®, Brooks was named Miss Fisk University in spring 2017. Brooks’ win on Saturday marked the first time in 15 years that a reigning Miss Fisk was crowned as Miss NBCA; the last winner being Darcie Chism Finch, in 2002.
For more information about the NBCA or the Competition of Queens, please visit (https://www.nbcahof.com/index.php/nbca-hall-of-fame-weekend/competition-of-queens).
- India.Arie to Headline Ryman Auditorium with The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Fisk University Receives $1 Million Gift from Board of Trustees Member
- The Executive Series Set for February 28 at Fisk University
- Fisk University Sets Inauguration for Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D.
- Faces of Fisk: Katharine A. Burnett
- Fisk University Advances to National Qualifying Tournament of 29th Annual Honda Campus All-Star Challenge
- Fisk University Sets 20th Annual Piersen Lecture for February 22
- Fisk University Relaunches The Talented Tenth Scholars Program
- Fisk University Students to Compete in HBCU National Speech and Debate Championship Tournament
- HBCU Campaign Fund Recognizes President Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D. As One of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders of 2018