Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
Nashville, Tenn., October 2, 2017 – Crystal Brooks, the reigning Miss Fisk University, was crowned as the 2018 Miss NBCA by The National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame on Saturday, September 30 before a sold-out crowd at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, GA.
Held annually, the Miss NBCA pageant showcases campus queens from historically black colleges and universities (HBCU’s). As part of the competition, the queens are judged in five categories and the winner receives an academic scholarship and various gifts and prizes. Miss NBCA serves as a national representative and advocates on behalf of HBCUs.
An Oakland, CA native and member of the historic Fisk Jubilee Singers®, Brooks was named Miss Fisk University in spring 2017. Brooks’ win on Saturday marked the first time in 15 years that a reigning Miss Fisk was crowned as Miss NBCA; the last winner being Darcie Chism Finch, in 2002.
For more information about the NBCA or the Competition of Queens, please visit (https://www.nbcahof.com/index.php/nbca-hall-of-fame-weekend/competition-of-queens).
- Faces of Fisk: Jao Makor
- Fisk University to Host Second Annual Upon These Shoulders Concert
- Faces of Fisk: Isaac Thompson
- Carl Van Vechten Gallery To Benefit From $6 Million Grant From The Ford And Walton Family Foundations
- All-Steinway School Initiative to Provide New Musical Opportunities for Fisk Music Department
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
- Christmas at Fisk 2017
- HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University