Jazzy 88.1 WFSK Recognized as Best Jazz Station in Nashville
Nashville, Tenn., November 7, 2017 – Nashville Scene recently released their readers’ and writers’ choices for Best of Nashville 2017. Among those recognized in the Arts, Culture, and Music category was Fisk University’s own Jazzy 88.1 WFSK.
WFSK 88.1-FM was selected as the writers’ choice for Best Jazz Station for 2017.
According to a release by the Nashville Scene, “The station offers an important range of perspectives, including the homegrown Generations in Jazz show hosted by Rahsaan Barber, the Deeper Grooves Radio Show featuring jazz and house music curated by DJ Soul Infinite, and the nationally syndicated NPR program Jazz Night in America — plus a wealth of community talk shows like Freestyle, co-hosted by Scene contributor Ron Wynn.”
“WFSK has a 44-year history of being recognized as Nashville’s jazz station and it is our longtime relationships with smooth and contemporary jazz recording artists that allows us the opportunity to bring renowned artists to Fisk University,” said Sharon Kay, general manager of Jazzy 88.1 WFSK. “This award truly means a lot to our staff. Each day, we work diligently to provide our listeners with the best smooth and contemporary jazz and we are very excited about this recognition.”
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
- Christmas at Fisk 2017
- HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK Recognized as Best Jazz Station in Nashville
- Fisk University to Unveil Historic Marker for The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Chief Operating Officer for Health Care Navigator to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Faces of Fisk Campaign to Showcase Contributions of Faculty and Staff at Fisk University
- Fisk University Alumni Homecoming Events 2017