Jazzy 88.1 WFSK Recognized as Best Jazz Station in Nashville
Nashville, Tenn., November 7, 2017 – Nashville Scene recently released their readers’ and writers’ choices for Best of Nashville 2017. Among those recognized in the Arts, Culture, and Music category was Fisk University’s own Jazzy 88.1 WFSK.
WFSK 88.1-FM was selected as the writers’ choice for Best Jazz Station for 2017.
According to a release by the Nashville Scene, “The station offers an important range of perspectives, including the homegrown Generations in Jazz show hosted by Rahsaan Barber, the Deeper Grooves Radio Show featuring jazz and house music curated by DJ Soul Infinite, and the nationally syndicated NPR program Jazz Night in America — plus a wealth of community talk shows like Freestyle, co-hosted by Scene contributor Ron Wynn.”
“WFSK has a 44-year history of being recognized as Nashville’s jazz station and it is our longtime relationships with smooth and contemporary jazz recording artists that allows us the opportunity to bring renowned artists to Fisk University,” said Sharon Kay, general manager of Jazzy 88.1 WFSK. “This award truly means a lot to our staff. Each day, we work diligently to provide our listeners with the best smooth and contemporary jazz and we are very excited about this recognition.”
- Fisk University Partners with the Museum of the Bible and the Smithsonian for Slave Bible Exhibition
- Former “The Voice” Contestant To Headline Christmas At Fisk Showcase Concert
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising
- Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start