Frank L. Sims
Frank L. Sims recently retired from Cargill, Inc. In addition to his demonstrated acumen as a strategic thinker and leader, Frank is especially well versed in commodity risk management with a keen eye to the oversight of enterprise risks. He is a team player who understands and practices effective corporate governance as he provides strong leadership underpinned to his analytical and strategic reasoning.
At Cargill, Sims advanced to lead major strategic business segments both in the United States and internationally. He retired in December of 2007, as Corporate Vice President, and as a distinguished member of the Corporate Management Team. As President of Cargill’s North American Grain Business, Sims was responsible for the production of revenues of $6 billion annually and 2,500 employees in the division.
In addition to his service on the Fisk University Board of Trustees for the past three years, Sims’ previous board and related experience includes service as Chairman of the Board, Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank; Advisory Committee to the U.S. Secretary of Transportation; Advisory Committee to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture; and a fifteen-year member of the Chicago Board of Trade.
His current board experience includes: Chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Compensation Committee, Piper Jaffray Company; Chair of the Corporate Governance Committee and member of the Compensation Committee, PolyMet Mining Company; and member of the board, South Jersey Industries, Inc. In addition, Sims serves as a member of the non-profit boards of United Theological Seminary (Minnesota) and PACT, Inc. (Washington, DC).
He is a 1972 graduate of Paul Quinn College where he earned his B.A. in Business Administration, cum laude. The College honored him with an Honorary Doctorate. He and his wife, Robyn, a Fisk alumna, have three children Bradford, Leigh-Kirstin and Franklin, also a Fisk alumnus. His mother-in-law, Zenobia Bracy Jefferson, and two of her sisters are also Fisk alumnae.
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
- Christmas at Fisk 2017
- HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK Recognized as Best Jazz Station in Nashville
- Fisk University to Unveil Historic Marker for The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Chief Operating Officer for Health Care Navigator to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Faces of Fisk Campaign to Showcase Contributions of Faculty and Staff at Fisk University
- Fisk University Alumni Homecoming Events 2017