Allstate and the Tom Joyner Foundation are working together to engage students, alumni and supporters of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) across the country to raise scholarship funds as part of the fifth annual Allstate Quotes for Education program.
For every person who receives an insurance quote from a participating Allstate agent and mentions Quotes for Education between August 1 and Nov. 30, 2013, Allstate will donate $10, up to a total donation of $150,000. The funds will be donated to the Tom Joyner Foundation and earmarked for general scholarship funds to assist students attending HBCUs.
For the second year, participants in this program will also have a chance to vote for the HBCU of their choice to receive an additional $50,000 donation for scholarships. In 2012, Lincoln University of Missouri won the inaugural competition and distributed scholarship funds to 25 students.
To participate in the Quotes for Education program, HBCU supporters should visit allstate.com/represent to find a nearby participating agent or receive a quote online. Supporters are then encouraged to vote for the HBCU of their choice.
“We know that cuts to student loan programs over the past few years are hurting students all over the country, but these cuts are particularly detrimental to students attending HBCUs,” said Cheryl Harris, senior vice president at Allstate. “Allstate and the Tom Joyner Foundation are passionate about helping these students pursue their dreams as we continue to support programs like Quotes for Education.”
“We are dedicated to helping shape our future through the growth of today’s students,” said Tom Joyner, chairman and founder of the 14-year-old foundation bearing his name. “Every dollar we contribute inspires ambition and helps a student reach their goals and their potential.”
- Faces of Fisk: Jao Makor
- Fisk University to Host Second Annual Upon These Shoulders Concert
- Faces of Fisk: Isaac Thompson
- Carl Van Vechten Gallery To Benefit From $6 Million Grant From The Ford And Walton Family Foundations
- All-Steinway School Initiative to Provide New Musical Opportunities for Fisk Music Department
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
- Christmas at Fisk 2017
- HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University