Allstate and the Tom Joyner Foundation are working together to engage students, alumni and supporters of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) across the country to raise scholarship funds as part of the fifth annual Allstate Quotes for Education program.
For every person who receives an insurance quote from a participating Allstate agent and mentions Quotes for Education between August 1 and Nov. 30, 2013, Allstate will donate $10, up to a total donation of $150,000. The funds will be donated to the Tom Joyner Foundation and earmarked for general scholarship funds to assist students attending HBCUs.
For the second year, participants in this program will also have a chance to vote for the HBCU of their choice to receive an additional $50,000 donation for scholarships. In 2012, Lincoln University of Missouri won the inaugural competition and distributed scholarship funds to 25 students.
To participate in the Quotes for Education program, HBCU supporters should visit allstate.com/represent to find a nearby participating agent or receive a quote online. Supporters are then encouraged to vote for the HBCU of their choice.
“We know that cuts to student loan programs over the past few years are hurting students all over the country, but these cuts are particularly detrimental to students attending HBCUs,” said Cheryl Harris, senior vice president at Allstate. “Allstate and the Tom Joyner Foundation are passionate about helping these students pursue their dreams as we continue to support programs like Quotes for Education.”
“We are dedicated to helping shape our future through the growth of today’s students,” said Tom Joyner, chairman and founder of the 14-year-old foundation bearing his name. “Every dollar we contribute inspires ambition and helps a student reach their goals and their potential.”
- Homecoming 2017 Ultimate Kickback Fest
- 2017 Homecoming Schedule of Events Released
- Fisk University Hacking Team Finishes Among The Top Three In Black Enterprise Hackathon
- Freshman Yahya Mohamed Selected for UNCF® HBCU Innovation Summit in Silicon Valley
- Founding Partner of Pharos Capital Group to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Fisk University to Host 2nd Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held October 6 at Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK to host 12th Annual Radiothon
- Fisk University Announces Partnership with Art Bridges Foundation