HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University
Nashville, Tenn., November 9, 2017 – The Fisk University chapter of HBCU Venture Capitalists will host The Deals behind Shark Tank: Understanding Venture Capital Deals, Securing Funding, Term Sheets and Cap Tables on Monday, November 13 at 6pm in Park-Johnson Hall, room 122. This event is for individuals interested in entrepreneurship, software engineering, programming or tech evangelism.
The event is free and is open to the public. Attendees will learn how venture capital deals are formed and the processes to successfully completing a funding round for potential investors.
Andrew Goldner, co-founder of Growth X, will deliver the keynote address during the event. Goldner has worked in various capacities domestically and abroad as funder, operator, founder, advisor and technology attorney. His current venture is GrowthX-- Venture Capital Fund has offices in Nashville, TN and Silicon Valley, CA.
For more information on the Fisk chapter of HBCU Venture Capitalist, please visit www.hbcu.vc/ or contact Khrystopher Hatch at KEHatch8@my.fisk.edu" target="_blank">KEHatch8@my.fisk.edu. To register, please visit vc101fisk.eventbrite.com.
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising
- Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google