HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University
Nashville, Tenn., November 9, 2017 – The Fisk University chapter of HBCU Venture Capitalists will host The Deals behind Shark Tank: Understanding Venture Capital Deals, Securing Funding, Term Sheets and Cap Tables on Monday, November 13 at 6pm in Park-Johnson Hall, room 122. This event is for individuals interested in entrepreneurship, software engineering, programming or tech evangelism.
The event is free and is open to the public. Attendees will learn how venture capital deals are formed and the processes to successfully completing a funding round for potential investors.
Andrew Goldner, co-founder of Growth X, will deliver the keynote address during the event. Goldner has worked in various capacities domestically and abroad as funder, operator, founder, advisor and technology attorney. His current venture is GrowthX-- Venture Capital Fund has offices in Nashville, TN and Silicon Valley, CA.
For more information on the Fisk chapter of HBCU Venture Capitalist, please visit www.hbcu.vc/ or contact Khrystopher Hatch at KEHatch8@my.fisk.edu" target="_blank">KEHatch8@my.fisk.edu. To register, please visit vc101fisk.eventbrite.com.
- Fisk University Closed Due to Inclement Weather
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Convocation Set for January 11 at Fisk University
- Faces of Fisk: Jao Makor
- Fisk University to Host Second Annual Upon These Shoulders Concert
- Faces of Fisk: Isaac Thompson
- Carl Van Vechten Gallery To Benefit From $6 Million Grant From The Ford And Walton Family Foundations
- All-Steinway School Initiative to Provide New Musical Opportunities for Fisk Music Department
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference