Fisk University Works to Provide Enhanced Career Guidance for Students
New partnership with YouScience helps connect students with in-demand job opportunities
NASHVILLE, TN – Fisk University today announced a new effort to help students better understand how their natural abilities align with today’s workforce and plan proactive education pathways to pursue in-demand jobs.
The institution has partnered with Nashville-based edtech company YouScience to provide a cutting-edge aptitude assessment tool to students as part of their first-year seminar course. Beginning in the 2019-2020 academic year, all freshmen students will be required to utilize the YouScience program, which uses a series of scientifically-proven “brain games” to identify students’ unique aptitudes and showcase how these innate talents “fit” with modern career pathways.
“Fisk is committed to preparing students for leadership roles and executive positions across the country, but there is a vast exposure gap when it comes to understanding all the available opportunities,” said Fisk University President Dr. Kevin D. Rome. “Through Youscience, young adults can gain new understanding of their abilities, talents, and gifts while also learning about careers that they may not previously have thought about. We’re excited to provide YouScience to all first-year students as part of our commitment to maximizing the success of our graduates.”
Unlike traditional interest-based career tools, YouScience is the only system that captures real measures of students’ aptitudes and provides students with a highly-personalized overview of their best-fit careers, along with detailed information on average salary, regional and national job demand, and education requirements. Learn more about YouScience.
YouScience CEO Philip Hardin said, “We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to partner with Fisk University. It’s so important college students have the information and resources necessary to make the right choices about their educational pathways. By providing YouScience to all incoming students, Fisk is helping more young adults better understand their best-fit careers, proactively plan their college learning experience, and lay the foundation for greater success after graduation.”
“Our partnership with YouScience reinforces everything we have been doing here at Fisk for the past few years to help our students excel both academically and in life,” Dr. Rome added. “This platform will not only allow students to identify their full range of talents, but also to appreciate all the possibilities for a fulfilling career.”
- FISK AND MEHARRY ARRIVE AT AGREEMENT TO FAST-TRACK MEDICAL AND DENTAL SCHOOL ADMISSIONS FOR SELECT UNDERGRAD STUDENTS.
- Fisk University Selected as Host Institution for the 2020-2022 CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Curation for African American Studies
- Fisk University Band Resurgence
- Fisk University’s New Social Justice Institute
- Two Fisk Students Named as Rhodes Scholarship Finalists
- The Fisk Honors Debate Team Scores First Place in New Orleans Competition
- National Book Foundation: Writing Survival Comes to Fisk University
- Fisk Welcomes New Faculty Members and Academic Administrators on Campus
- Kids Summer Fishing Program at Fisk University
- Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Homeland Security