Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
Nashville, Tenn., November 10, 2017 – Five students will represent Fisk University at the Interface of Biology and Mathematics undergraduate research conference at The University of Tennessee - Knoxville, presented by the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS).
The following students were selected to attend:
Sharee Brewer – a senior, Biology major from Jackson, Tennessee
Tykeena Watson – a sophomore, Mathematics major from West Helena, Arkansas
Adrienne Smiley – a sophomore, Chemistry major from Spring, Texas
James Morris – a Bio-chemistry senior, selected to participate in 2017 BIG Summer Program, Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences, UCLA.
Guillermo Sanchez – a Biology senior, selected to participate in 2017 BIG Summer Program, Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences, UCLA.
Held annually, the research conference provides opportunities for undergraduates to present their research findings, participate in panel discussions, attend graduate school showcases, and networking opportunities. Kiona Ogle, Ph.D., associate professor of informatics and computing at Northern Arizona University will deliver the keynote address for the conference. Jerome, Guillermo, Watson and Smiley will deliver poster presentations and Brewer will deliver an oral presentation. For more information on the Interface of Biology and Mathematics research conference, please visit www.nimbios.org/education/undergradconf
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8