Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
Nashville, Tenn., November 10, 2017 – Five students will represent Fisk University at the Interface of Biology and Mathematics undergraduate research conference at The University of Tennessee - Knoxville, presented by the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS).
The following students were selected to attend:
Sharee Brewer – a senior, Biology major from Jackson, Tennessee
Tykeena Watson – a sophomore, Mathematics major from West Helena, Arkansas
Adrienne Smiley – a sophomore, Chemistry major from Spring, Texas
James Morris – a Bio-chemistry senior, selected to participate in 2017 BIG Summer Program, Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences, UCLA.
Guillermo Sanchez – a Biology senior, selected to participate in 2017 BIG Summer Program, Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences, UCLA.
Held annually, the research conference provides opportunities for undergraduates to present their research findings, participate in panel discussions, attend graduate school showcases, and networking opportunities. Kiona Ogle, Ph.D., associate professor of informatics and computing at Northern Arizona University will deliver the keynote address for the conference. Jerome, Guillermo, Watson and Smiley will deliver poster presentations and Brewer will deliver an oral presentation. For more information on the Interface of Biology and Mathematics research conference, please visit www.nimbios.org/education/undergradconf
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
- Christmas at Fisk 2017
- HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK Recognized as Best Jazz Station in Nashville
- Fisk University to Unveil Historic Marker for The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Chief Operating Officer for Health Care Navigator to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Faces of Fisk Campaign to Showcase Contributions of Faculty and Staff at Fisk University
- Fisk University Alumni Homecoming Events 2017