FISK UNIVERSITY RELAUNCHES THE TALENTED TENTH SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Nashville, Tenn., January 26, 2018 - Fisk University relaunched the Talented Tenth Scholars Program with a kickoff luncheon on Friday, Jan. 26 in the Multipurpose Room of Spence Hall. With the Talented Tenth Scholars program reactivated, the program can continue its efforts to increase the academic achievement levels of male students at Fisk University. This program is free and open to all male students enrolled at Fisk University.
The Talented Tenth Scholars Program (TTSP) provides male students with the emotional and
developmental support needed to achieve a college degree. This program will educate students through a structured schedule designed to help navigate many resources, including student life and financial assistance that exists for many students. The relaunch of this program will also help challenge male students at Fisk University to achieve academically and attain success.
TTSP will offer tutoring programs, community service, leadership seminars, and empowerment sessions by guest speakers.
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8
- Rising to the Occasion in a Challenging Political Climate: Fisk University to Host a Leadership and Politics Luncheon Featuring Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson on April 4
- India.Arie to Headline Ryman Auditorium with The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Fisk University Receives $1 Million Gift from Board of Trustees Member
- The Executive Series Set for February 28 at Fisk University
- Fisk University Sets Inauguration for Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D.
- Faces of Fisk: Katharine A. Burnett