FISK UNIVERSITY RELAUNCHES THE TALENTED TENTH SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Nashville, Tenn., January 26, 2018 - Fisk University relaunched the Talented Tenth Scholars Program with a kickoff luncheon on Friday, Jan. 26 in the Multipurpose Room of Spence Hall. With the Talented Tenth Scholars program reactivated, the program can continue its efforts to increase the academic achievement levels of male students at Fisk University. This program is free and open to all male students enrolled at Fisk University.
The Talented Tenth Scholars Program (TTSP) provides male students with the emotional and
developmental support needed to achieve a college degree. This program will educate students through a structured schedule designed to help navigate many resources, including student life and financial assistance that exists for many students. The relaunch of this program will also help challenge male students at Fisk University to achieve academically and attain success.
TTSP will offer tutoring programs, community service, leadership seminars, and empowerment sessions by guest speakers.
- Fisk University Students Selected As Finalists For The Luard Morse Scholarship
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Convocation Set For January 17 At Fisk University
- Fisk University Partners with the Museum of the Bible and the Smithsonian for Slave Bible Exhibition
- Former “The Voice” Contestant To Headline Christmas At Fisk Showcase Concert
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising