FISK UNIVERSITY RELAUNCHES THE TALENTED TENTH SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Nashville, Tenn., January 26, 2018 - Fisk University relaunched the Talented Tenth Scholars Program with a kickoff luncheon on Friday, Jan. 26 in the Multipurpose Room of Spence Hall. With the Talented Tenth Scholars program reactivated, the program can continue its efforts to increase the academic achievement levels of male students at Fisk University. This program is free and open to all male students enrolled at Fisk University.
The Talented Tenth Scholars Program (TTSP) provides male students with the emotional and
developmental support needed to achieve a college degree. This program will educate students through a structured schedule designed to help navigate many resources, including student life and financial assistance that exists for many students. The relaunch of this program will also help challenge male students at Fisk University to achieve academically and attain success.
TTSP will offer tutoring programs, community service, leadership seminars, and empowerment sessions by guest speakers.
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event