Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Homeland Security
Nashville, Tenn., July 24, 2019: Fisk University is pleased to announce the Southern Association of Colleges and schools approved Fisk’s baccalaureate degree program in Homeland Security. The Program is the only such degree program in the state of Tennessee and one of only a handful across the South.
According to Provost Vann Newkirk, “the program will not only expand Fisk University’s degree offerings, but it will allow the University to target a new market for the military. For that reason, the program will not only be offered on the Fisk University campus but also in Clarksville, Tennessee at the home of Fort Campbell and the 101st Airborne Division.”
As designed the program will be taught by Fisk Faculty as well as practitioners from the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security. In conjunction with this effort, the Nashville International Airport has agreed to support the program by providing training and internship opportunities for students. The University plans to enroll its first cohort in the spring of 2020.
- Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Homeland Security
- Fisk University Participates In Coding Academy
- Fisk University works to Provide Enhanced Career Guidance for Students
- Mr. Berry Retires from Fisk University
- 2019 Goldwater Scholarship Recipient
- Fisk University 2019 Retool Your School Winners
- Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Bachelors of Science in Data Science Beginning Spring 2020
- Fisk University Students on Path to Global Citizenship with Free Passports
- Reverend Al Sharpton to Deliver 2019 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Pulitzer-Prize Winning Poet Tyehimba Jess Speaks at Fisk