Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Homeland Security
Nashville, Tenn., July 24, 2019: Fisk University is pleased to announce the Southern Association of Colleges and schools approved Fisk’s baccalaureate degree program in Homeland Security. The Program is the only such degree program in the state of Tennessee and one of only a handful across the South.
According to Provost Vann Newkirk, “the program will not only expand Fisk University’s degree offerings, but it will allow the University to target a new market for the military. For that reason, the program will not only be offered on the Fisk University campus but also in Clarksville, Tennessee at the home of Fort Campbell and the 101st Airborne Division.”
As designed the program will be taught by Fisk Faculty as well as practitioners from the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security. In conjunction with this effort, the Nashville International Airport has agreed to support the program by providing training and internship opportunities for students. The University plans to enroll its first cohort in the spring of 2020.
- Fisk University Selected as Host Institution for the 2020-2022 CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Curation for African American Studies
- Fisk University Band Resurgence
- Fisk University’s New Social Justice Institute
- Two Fisk Students Named as Rhodes Scholarship Finalists
- The Fisk Honors Debate Team Scores First Place in New Orleans Competition
- National Book Foundation: Writing Survival Comes to Fisk University
- Fisk Welcomes New Faculty Members and Academic Administrators on Campus
- Kids Summer Fishing Program at Fisk University
- Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Homeland Security
- Fisk University Participates In Coding Academy