Fisk University Ranks High in College Guide Annual Rankings
Nashville, Tenn., August 31, 2017 – Fisk University has received high rankings in the recently announced college rankings by The Washington Monthly.
In the 2017 listings, Fisk was ranked #3 for research expenditures out of 240 surveyed institutions, totaling $7.8 million. Fisk also landed in the Top 20 in research expenditures nationally, landing at #18. On the National Liberal Arts rankings, Fisk ranked #77, a substantial increase from the #121 ranking in 2016. Additionally, Fisk was the 4th ranked HBCU on the listing.
Released annually since 2005, The Washington Monthly conducts research on the nation’s top colleges and universities and ranks each institution using the following criteria: social mobility, research, and service.
For more information about The Washington Monthly and the 2017 rankings, please visit http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017college-guide.
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8