Fisk University Ranks High in College Guide Annual Rankings
Nashville, Tenn., August 31, 2017 – Fisk University has received high rankings in the recently announced college rankings by The Washington Monthly.
In the 2017 listings, Fisk was ranked #3 for research expenditures out of 240 surveyed institutions, totaling $7.8 million. Fisk also landed in the Top 20 in research expenditures nationally, landing at #18. On the National Liberal Arts rankings, Fisk ranked #77, a substantial increase from the #121 ranking in 2016. Additionally, Fisk was the 4th ranked HBCU on the listing.
Released annually since 2005, The Washington Monthly conducts research on the nation’s top colleges and universities and ranks each institution using the following criteria: social mobility, research, and service.
For more information about The Washington Monthly and the 2017 rankings, please visit http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017college-guide.
- Fisk University Receives $1 Million Gift from Board of Trustees Member
- The Executive Series Set for February 28 at Fisk University
- Fisk University Sets Inauguration for Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D.
- Faces of Fisk: Katharine A. Burnett
- Fisk University Advances to National Qualifying Tournament of 29th Annual Honda Campus All-Star Challenge
- Fisk University Sets 20th Annual Piersen Lecture for February 22
- Fisk University Relaunches The Talented Tenth Scholars Program
- Fisk University Students to Compete in HBCU National Speech and Debate Championship Tournament
- HBCU Campaign Fund Recognizes President Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D. As One of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders of 2018
- Fisk University Closed Due to Inclement Weather