Fisk University Ranks High in College Guide Annual Rankings
Nashville, Tenn., August 31, 2017 – Fisk University has received high rankings in the recently announced college rankings by The Washington Monthly.
In the 2017 listings, Fisk was ranked #3 for research expenditures out of 240 surveyed institutions, totaling $7.8 million. Fisk also landed in the Top 20 in research expenditures nationally, landing at #18. On the National Liberal Arts rankings, Fisk ranked #77, a substantial increase from the #121 ranking in 2016. Additionally, Fisk was the 4th ranked HBCU on the listing.
Released annually since 2005, The Washington Monthly conducts research on the nation’s top colleges and universities and ranks each institution using the following criteria: social mobility, research, and service.
For more information about The Washington Monthly and the 2017 rankings, please visit http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017college-guide.
- New UNCF Study Confirms that Fisk University Contributes to Local and Regional Economies
- Faces of Fisk: Patricia Wingfield McCarroll
- Fisk University Students to Attend Interface of Biology and Mathematics Research Conference
- Christmas at Fisk 2017
- HBCU Venture Capitalist Event for Aspiring Entrepreneurs to be Hosted by Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK Recognized as Best Jazz Station in Nashville
- Fisk University to Unveil Historic Marker for The Fisk Jubilee Singers®
- Chief Operating Officer for Health Care Navigator to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Faces of Fisk Campaign to Showcase Contributions of Faculty and Staff at Fisk University
- Fisk University Alumni Homecoming Events 2017