Fisk University Advances to National Qualifying Tournament of 29th Annual Honda Campus All-Star Challenge
Nashville, Tenn., February 1, 2018 – Fisk University will compete in the National Qualifying Tournament of the 29th annual Honda Campus All-Star Challenge (HCASC) on Saturday, February 3, beginning at 9:30am on the campus of Virginia Union University. The HCASC is one of the premier quiz bowl tournaments for top HBCU students. Participants will compete in the areas of history, science, literature, religion, the arts and pop culture. Fisk is one of 65 teams competing for institutional grants and a spot in the Honda Campus All-Star Challenge National Championship Tournament taking place in Los Angeles, April 7 – 11, 2018.
The Honda Campus All-Star Challenge is a year-round program that includes campus engagement, intramural play, qualifying tournaments, and culminates with the National Championship. In 1989, Honda established HCASC as a way to highlight and recognize the academic talents of HBCU students. More than $8.5 million in grants from Honda have provided support for scholarships, facility upgrades and other investments to improve the student experience. This year’s challenge features more than 10,000 HBCU student competitors.
Representing the Fisk University team are:
Kadea Russell – a junior psychology major from Columbus, Ohio
Albert Stancil – a junior history major from Hyattsville, Maryland
Denae Clinton – a junior political science and psychology major from Middletown, Connecticut
Tarif Hunt – a junior political science and computer science major from Taylor, Michigan
La’Jae Garrett – a junior political science major from Nashville, Tennessee
Niara Savage – a sophomore biology major from Ballwin, Missouri
For more information about the HCASC or to attend the qualifying tournament, please contact Kristyn Miller, Host Director at email@example.com.
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising
- Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement