Fisk University Places First in Home Depot’s ‘Retool Your School’
Nashville, Tenn., April 30, 2019 – Fisk University was announced cluster three winners of a $50,000 campus improvement grant from Home Depot’s ‘Retool Your School’ (RYS) campaign. ‘Retool your School’ invites all accredited Historically Black College Universities (HBCUs) to participate in an online voting competition and allows winning schools to make sustainable improvements to their campuses.
The contest subdivided more than 70 schools into three categories, or “clusters.” The top three schools per cluster won $50,000 each for campus improvements.
Fisk garnered the most votes out of the participating schools collecting 634,626 votes through online voting and by using its designated hashtag on Twitter and Instagram. Also included as recipients of the ‘Retool Your School’ campus improvement grant are Tennessee HBCUs Meharry Medical College, Lane College and Tennessee State University taking home a $50,000 reward for Campaign of the Year (COY).
Plans for the winnings include a new students activities lounge to enhance the students overall Fisk experience.
The RYS program has been active for 10 years, awarded 499 grants to date and 87% of the nations HBCU’s have participated. Fisk University thanks all students, faculty, staff and the Fisk community for their participation and Home Depot for the opportunity.
For more information please click here.
- The Fisk Honors Debate Team Scores First Place in New Orleans Competition
- National Book Foundation: Writing Survival Comes to Fisk University
- Fisk Welcomes New Faculty Members and Academic Administrators on Campus
- Kids Summer Fishing Program at Fisk University
- Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Homeland Security
- Fisk University Participates In Coding Academy
- Fisk University works to Provide Enhanced Career Guidance for Students
- Mr. Berry Retires from Fisk University
- 2019 Goldwater Scholarship Recipient
- Fisk University 2019 Retool Your School Winners