FACES OF FISK CAMPAIGN TO SHOWCASE CONTRIBUTIONS OF FACULTY AND STAFF AT FISK UNIVERSITY
Nashville, Tenn., October 27, 2017 – Faces of Fisk, the newest initiative aimed at showcasing the work and accomplishments of the faculty and staff of Fisk University will launch on Monday, November 13. Presented by the Office of University Relations, the Faces of Fisk campaign serves as a platform to share the stories of Fisk employees whose work have significantly contributed to the university’s mission of Cultivating Scholars and Leaders, One by One.
"Fisk University has been privileged to attract some of the most talented faculty that has been credited with cultivating the minds of emerging scholars for over 150 years. We are excited to highlight the people that play an integral part in the successes of our students," said Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D., president of Fisk University. "We take pride in the accomplishments of our students, but also recognize that their achievements are a reflection of the commitment of our faculty and staff to help our students reach new heights."
Faces of Fisk is a bi-monthly feature that provides a personal and professional narrative of renowned researchers and scholars, community leaders, entrepreneurs, and more that make up the Fisk community. The Faces of Fisk campaign will be viewable on all social media platforms by following Fisk University at @FISK1866 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
“Our faculty and staff have many stories to tell and hopefully, this initiative will capture those untold stories and shine some light on our hidden gems that work tirelessly to make Fisk an extraordinary place,” said Raymond Wade, director of university relations.
For more information on Faces of Fisk, please visit www.fisk.edu or contact the Office of University Relations at 615-329-8508.
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising
- Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google