Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend
Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
Dr. Sajid Hussain, Associate Professor, Computer Science (CS), is selected to attend Faculty-in-Residence program of Google at Mountain View, CA, from June 4 – June 29 (4 weeks), 2018.
Faculty-in-Residence (FIR) is an immersive professional development program that engages CS faculty serving underrepresented populations in tech. The focus is on industry-informed, applied learning projects. The goal is to help faculty to better prepare students for jobs in the tech industry.
Key Program Objectives: 1) Experience hands-on workshops and resources to augment applied learning; 2) Gain insights into industry expectations and the technical interviewing process; 3) Immerse yourself in Google’s engineering culture and developer practices; 4) Share your insights with Googlers around the challenges your students face; and 5) Increase dialogue and partnership between CS faculty and Google.
Expectations Upon Program Completion: Design at least 2 classroom experiments related to project-based learning for your CS courses to implement in Fall 2018; Facilitate at least 1 tech interview practice session with your students each semester; Share your Google/Silicon Valley experience with current and future students and with colleagues.
Project Based Learning (PBL) is a cooperative, student-centered approach to teaching that emphasizes the development of skills through practice, sustained inquiry and facilitated learning through the management of a project or product. PBL gives students an opportunity to complete a project which is personally meaningful (a useful test is whether the student will share or forget their project afterwards) while reaching key learning objectives.
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8
- Rising to the Occasion in a Challenging Political Climate: Fisk University to Host a Leadership and Politics Luncheon Featuring Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson on April 4
- India.Arie to Headline Ryman Auditorium with The Fisk Jubilee Singers®