Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend
Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
Dr. Sajid Hussain, Associate Professor, Computer Science (CS), is selected to attend Faculty-in-Residence program of Google at Mountain View, CA, from June 4 – June 29 (4 weeks), 2018.
Faculty-in-Residence (FIR) is an immersive professional development program that engages CS faculty serving underrepresented populations in tech. The focus is on industry-informed, applied learning projects. The goal is to help faculty to better prepare students for jobs in the tech industry.
Key Program Objectives: 1) Experience hands-on workshops and resources to augment applied learning; 2) Gain insights into industry expectations and the technical interviewing process; 3) Immerse yourself in Google’s engineering culture and developer practices; 4) Share your insights with Googlers around the challenges your students face; and 5) Increase dialogue and partnership between CS faculty and Google.
Expectations Upon Program Completion: Design at least 2 classroom experiments related to project-based learning for your CS courses to implement in Fall 2018; Facilitate at least 1 tech interview practice session with your students each semester; Share your Google/Silicon Valley experience with current and future students and with colleagues.
Project Based Learning (PBL) is a cooperative, student-centered approach to teaching that emphasizes the development of skills through practice, sustained inquiry and facilitated learning through the management of a project or product. PBL gives students an opportunity to complete a project which is personally meaningful (a useful test is whether the student will share or forget their project afterwards) while reaching key learning objectives.
- 2019 Goldwater Scholarship Recipient
- Fisk University 2019 Retool Your School Winners
- Fisk University Receives Approval to Offer Bachelors of Science in Data Science Beginning Spring 2020
- Fisk University Students on Path to Global Citizenship with Free Passports
- Reverend Al Sharpton to Deliver 2019 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Pulitzer-Prize Winning Poet Tyehimba Jess Speaks at Fisk
- Fisk University and Cravath Announce Launch of Undergraduate Scholars Program
- Fisk University’s Dr. Reavis L. Mitchell Jr. to be included in NPT’s Soldier & Citizen preview and discussion panel
- The Fisk Jubilee Singers® to Co-Headline Ryman Auditorium for annual Spring Sing concert with 4x-GRAMMY® winner India.Arie
- Fisk University Students Selected As Finalists For The Luard Morse Scholarship