Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend
Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
Dr. Sajid Hussain, Associate Professor, Computer Science (CS), is selected to attend Faculty-in-Residence program of Google at Mountain View, CA, from June 4 – June 29 (4 weeks), 2018.
Faculty-in-Residence (FIR) is an immersive professional development program that engages CS faculty serving underrepresented populations in tech. The focus is on industry-informed, applied learning projects. The goal is to help faculty to better prepare students for jobs in the tech industry.
Key Program Objectives: 1) Experience hands-on workshops and resources to augment applied learning; 2) Gain insights into industry expectations and the technical interviewing process; 3) Immerse yourself in Google’s engineering culture and developer practices; 4) Share your insights with Googlers around the challenges your students face; and 5) Increase dialogue and partnership between CS faculty and Google.
Expectations Upon Program Completion: Design at least 2 classroom experiments related to project-based learning for your CS courses to implement in Fall 2018; Facilitate at least 1 tech interview practice session with your students each semester; Share your Google/Silicon Valley experience with current and future students and with colleagues.
Project Based Learning (PBL) is a cooperative, student-centered approach to teaching that emphasizes the development of skills through practice, sustained inquiry and facilitated learning through the management of a project or product. PBL gives students an opportunity to complete a project which is personally meaningful (a useful test is whether the student will share or forget their project afterwards) while reaching key learning objectives.
- Fisk University Students Selected As Finalists For The Luard Morse Scholarship
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Convocation Set For January 17 At Fisk University
- Fisk University Partners with the Museum of the Bible and the Smithsonian for Slave Bible Exhibition
- Former “The Voice” Contestant To Headline Christmas At Fisk Showcase Concert
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising