Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission
Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
Nashville, Tenn., June 20, 2018 – Fisk University appoints Dr. Danisha Williams to the position of director of admission, where she will oversee student recruiting and admission policies and standards. Dr. Larry Glover will serve as the athletics director. Previously Dr. Williams served as the assistant dean of admission. Dr. Glover served in a dual role as director of athletics and head men’s basketball coach.
“It’s always such a joy to have our graduates return to their alma mater to invest their time and talents into our students’ futures,” said Willie Jude, vice president, student affairs and enrollment management. “Dr. Williams and Dr. Glover are prepared to move forward and focus on the future of Fisk. We look forward to their leadership, contribution, and vision.”
In 2010, Dr. Williams assumed the role of Living and Learning Center Coordinator in Jubilee Hall. She later served as the Freshman Academic Advisor during the first year of the Young Educated Scholars program. She’s assisted with the Office of Academic Excellence and Student Performance; taught Core 100 and Core 120 classes; and recruited and trained staff in the Residence Life department. She’s played an advisory role with the Project Stop Now, The Chicagoland club, and the Big Sistas Mentoring and Etiquette campus programs. Miss Williams earned a B.A. in Sociology from Fisk University, M.A. in Public Administration from Southern Illinois University, and Doctor of Education from Trevecca Nazarene University.
Dr. Glover will continue overseeing the school’s athletic department in a full-time capacity. Under his current leadership, the institution’s sports program has expanded to include soccer and golf programs. Under his tenure as director of Fisk’s Education program, a new Bachelor of Science major in Special Education was established, with a grant and full accreditation from the Tennessee Department of Education. The program was selected for partnership with Belmont University Teacher Education Department (faculty and student exchange program). In addition to earning his B.A. in Health and Physical Education from Fisk University, he has a M.A. from Tennessee State University and a Doctorate degree from Texas Southern University. He is a member of the NCAA Management Council Committee and sits on the executive committee for the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising
- Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement
- Response to NPR MDHA Affordable Housing Story
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google