Dr. Arnold Burger recognized by American Vacuum Society
Nashville, Tenn., July 18, 2017- Arnold Burger, Ph.D., vice president for academic initiatives and professor of physics, has been awarded the Excellence in Leadership Award from the American Vacuum Society (AVS) for his outstanding contributions in research and mentoring. Each year, the AVS recognizes individuals for excellence in science and/or engineering that mentor and enhance the careers of future generations in the areas of science, engineering, and technology.
“We congratulate Dr. Burger on this well-deserved recognition,” said Rodney Hanley, Ph.D., provost and vice president for academic affairs. “Dr. Burger, along with his colleagues and students, have worked tirelessly to incorporate the excitement of discovery and cutting edge research in the traditional education we provide at Fisk University. He continues to further our mission and his commitment to preparing many of our students for graduate and advanced degrees.”
Burger is a Fellow of the SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics, and a four-time co-recipient of the prestigious R&D 100 Award which recognizes the most innovative technologies of the year and honors research and development pioneers for their revolutionary ideas in science and technology. Having been awarded eleven U.S. patents and a publisher of more than 350 research papers, Burger currently holds positions on seven advisory boards and is senior editor of IEEE The Transactions on Nuclear Science. Additionally, Burger served as a leading organizer of the development of the nationally recognized Fisk-Vanderbilt Master’s-to-Ph.D. Bridge Program.
- 2017 Homecoming Schedule of Events Released
- Fisk University Hacking Team Finishes Among The Top Three In Black Enterprise Hackathon
- Freshman Yahya Mohamed Selected for UNCF® HBCU Innovation Summit in Silicon Valley
- Founding Partner of Pharos Capital Group to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
- Fisk University to Host 2nd Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Miss Fisk University Named 2018 Miss National Black College Alumni
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held October 6 at Fisk University
- Jazzy 88 WFSK to host 12th Annual Radiothon
- Fisk University Announces Partnership with Art Bridges Foundation
- Fisk University Ranks as Top 10 HBCU in 2018 U.S. News and World Report Listing