Chief Operating Officer for Health Care Navigator to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
Nashville, Tenn., November 2, 2017 – Fisk University has announced the latest installment of The Executive Series, a monthly lecture series featuring top executives who share their stories, expertise, and interpretations of leadership.
Kelvin Baggett, M.D., chief operating officer for Health Care Navigator will serve as the November lecturer on Monday, November 13 at 4 p.m. in the Appleton Room of Jubilee Hall.
Baggett serves as a Senior Advisor at Pharos Capital Group, where he is responsible for advising the firm's Investment Committee on targeted business segments/opportunities and due diligence matters. A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Baggett earned his bachelor’s degree in biology, a master’s degree from Johns Hopkins University, a master’s degree from Duke University, and a doctor of medicine degree from the East Carolina University School of Medicine.
Launched in 2016, the Series is part of a continuous effort by Fisk University to establish relationships with regional, national, and global corporations in different sectors to support networking opportunities and recruitment.
“These are exciting times in our global economy as we watch the traditional guidelines for production, marketing and management change in a multitude of ways. Fisk University is committed to broadening the exposure of our students to global business leaders and for those students to hear firsthand which leadership lessons remain invaluable in this new economic landscape” said Dr. Jens Frederiksen, Ph.D., vice president of institutional advancement and strategic development. “With The Executive Series, we are providing Fisk students with face-to-face conversations with top leaders who are shaping our economy on a daily basis.”
The Executive Series will include an hour-long lecture, followed by a Q-and-A session for attendees. The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. To register, please visit fiskexecutiveseries.eventbrite.com. For more information about The Executive Series, please contact Jens Frederiksen, Ph.D. at 615-329-8530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 14th Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address at Fisk University
- Dr. Sajid Hussain Selected to Attend Faculty-in-Residence Program at Google
- Dr. Arnold Burger to Head Fisk University's Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Committee
- Pre-College Summer Program Application Deadline Extended!
- Fisk University Recognizes Earth Day with New Tobacco-Free Campus Announcement
- Gender Studies Partnering with SGA to Host Sexual Assault Awareness Event
- 20th Annual Fisk Research Symposium
- Fisk University Announces 89th Annual Spring Arts Festival, April 2- 8
- Rising to the Occasion in a Challenging Political Climate: Fisk University to Host a Leadership and Politics Luncheon Featuring Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson on April 4
- India.Arie to Headline Ryman Auditorium with The Fisk Jubilee Singers®