Chief Operating Officer for Health Care Navigator to Speak at Fisk University for The Executive Series
Nashville, Tenn., November 2, 2017 – Fisk University has announced the latest installment of The Executive Series, a monthly lecture series featuring top executives who share their stories, expertise, and interpretations of leadership.
Kelvin Baggett, M.D., chief operating officer for Health Care Navigator will serve as the November lecturer on Monday, November 13 at 4 p.m. in the Appleton Room of Jubilee Hall.
Baggett serves as a Senior Advisor at Pharos Capital Group, where he is responsible for advising the firm's Investment Committee on targeted business segments/opportunities and due diligence matters. A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Baggett earned his bachelor’s degree in biology, a master’s degree from Johns Hopkins University, a master’s degree from Duke University, and a doctor of medicine degree from the East Carolina University School of Medicine.
Launched in 2016, the Series is part of a continuous effort by Fisk University to establish relationships with regional, national, and global corporations in different sectors to support networking opportunities and recruitment.
“These are exciting times in our global economy as we watch the traditional guidelines for production, marketing and management change in a multitude of ways. Fisk University is committed to broadening the exposure of our students to global business leaders and for those students to hear firsthand which leadership lessons remain invaluable in this new economic landscape” said Dr. Jens Frederiksen, Ph.D., vice president of institutional advancement and strategic development. “With The Executive Series, we are providing Fisk students with face-to-face conversations with top leaders who are shaping our economy on a daily basis.”
The Executive Series will include an hour-long lecture, followed by a Q-and-A session for attendees. The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. To register, please visit fiskexecutiveseries.eventbrite.com. For more information about The Executive Series, please contact Jens Frederiksen, Ph.D. at 615-329-8530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fisk University Receives $1 Million Gift from Board of Trustees Member
- The Executive Series Set for February 28 at Fisk University
- Fisk University Sets Inauguration for Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D.
- Faces of Fisk: Katharine A. Burnett
- Fisk University Advances to National Qualifying Tournament of 29th Annual Honda Campus All-Star Challenge
- Fisk University Sets 20th Annual Piersen Lecture for February 22
- Fisk University Relaunches The Talented Tenth Scholars Program
- Fisk University Students to Compete in HBCU National Speech and Debate Championship Tournament
- HBCU Campaign Fund Recognizes President Kevin D. Rome, Sr., Ph.D. As One of the Ten Most Dominant HBCU Leaders of 2018
- Fisk University Closed Due to Inclement Weather