Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
Nashville, Tenn., July 23, 2018 – Beyoncé Knowles-Carter announced the eight recipients of the Homecoming Scholars Award for the 2018-2019 academic year on Monday, July 23. Among those selected was Fisk recipient Aurora, Illinois native, Dartisha Mosley.
Mosley, a junior dual major in English and music with concentration in Voice will receive a $25,000 scholarship from Beyoncé, through her BeyGOOD initiative and a partnership with Google.org.
She is involved in organizations and ensembles such as: Fisk University Student Ambassadors, Fisk University Choir, and the 2017-2018 Fisk Jubilee Singers®. Mosley recently became a member of the UNCF Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship with the awarded honor of ‘Best All Around Scholar’.
The Homecoming Scholars Award Program is a merit program and was announced in April. It is the second scholarship merit program from Beyoncé Knowles-Carter and BeyGOOD. The Formation Scholars Award Program was announced in the spring of 2017 and was open to female students across a variety of studies.
The Homecoming Scholars Award Program, announced after Beyoncé's brilliant first weekend Coachella performance, an homage to excellence in education and a celebration of the homecoming weekend experience, named four universities and extended the program to all qualifying students at the universities, regardless of gender.
The 2018-2019 disciplines include literature, creative arts, African-American studies, science, education, business, communications, social sciences, computer science, engineering and more. All applicants must maintain a 3.5 GPA or above.
All qualifying applicants submitted a 1,000-word essay about one African or African-American thought leader in their field who has inspired them to achieve their goals (educational, professional, and/or community-driven). The essay included how they plan to contribute to history through their own life’s work. All finalists and the eight recipients were selected by committees from the colleges and universities.
- Jubilee Day Convocation to be Held Oct. 6
- Dr. Vann Newkirk Announced as new Provost of Fisk University
- Fisk University Students Benefit from Summer Program
- Fisk University Announces $3 Million Gift Toward Career Planning Center
- A’Maiya Harris, Fisk University Student, awarded scholarship by Kevin Hart’s “Help From The Hart Charity”, a New $600,000 Scholarship Program
- Major Maps Initiative for Student Advising
- Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD Foundation Announces the 2018- 2019 Homecoming Scholars Award Recipient
- Fisk President’s Tenure Off to a Strong Start
- Dr. Danisha Williams Named Director of Admission; Dr. Larry Glover Named Athletics Director at Fisk University
- SACSCOC Determines Fisk University Retains Full Accreditation with Period of 12-Month Probation to Show Improvement