P.A.W.S. Orientation 2021
Preparing, Advising, & Welcoming Students
Preparing, Advising and Welcoming Students Virtually, is a one-day orientation experience required for all domestic first-year students enrolling in the Fall. The PAWS-V programs occurs over the Summer leading up to Fall move-in. PAWS-V dates are aligned with students' majors to provide specific information about the academic experience.
PAWS-V is an opportunity to connect with your future classmates, prepare for academic and non-academic life, and learn to navigate campus prior to arriving for your Fall classes. These virtual sessions serve as an introduction to FISK University and can help you answer your questions about the incoming student process.
We value community and hope to build a virtual orientation session that provides an opportunity for students to build a connection to faculty/staff and their peers.
IS THERE A COST?
No, the orientation session comes at no cost to the student.
CAN OTHERS JOIN IN?
Due to space considerations, each student only has one link to access the virtual orientation session, but supporters may sit with the student during the program. In addition, students may register one guest (or one login) for the Supporters Lounges being offered.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- PAWS-V is a one-day, summer experience required for all new first-year
students, and it’s an opportunity for you to connect with your future classmates online, prepare for life inside and outside the classroom, and learn to navigate campus prior to arriving in the fall.
- PAWS-V features sessions for you and supporters to get questions answered about topics like academics, health, safety, college transitions, and support services.
- The experience will include an opportunity to meet with your academic unit, an overview of university resources and technology, and a chance to interact with multiple university offices that will support you on your FISK University journey.
- While the program will be led virtually, it still includes opportunities for students to engage with their peers and classmates through small group sessions.
- Upcoming Dates for PAWS Orientation 2021 (please click on your desired date to register):