Pre-College Summer Institute
For families who want a summer filled with enrichment activities that will help their children better prepare for courses in mathematics, science, and reading/language arts along with fun-filled academic and physical activities for six weeks during the summer. The Pre-College Science Institute for summer 2012 will be held at Fisk University from June 8th through July 17th. The full price per participant is only $450.00!
June 6 – July 14, 2017
building on strong and successful years of academic interaction. THRUST & gusto are eight-week (pcsi is six-weeks) programs offering applied/”hands-on” learning experiences which incorporate a deep relationship with a college environment at historic Fisk University.
Proposed Classes & Activities
- applied mathematics and science, communications, tools for success, recreation, financial management, and project engineering
- swimming, field trips, sports, guest speakers, current events, debate, pre-engineering, summer reading book talks and journal notes
Programs operate from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.. You can arrive as early as 7:30 a.m. / leave as late as 5:30 p.m.
PCSI will operate from the Park-Johnson Building on Fisk’s campus at:
- Phillips St., Nashville, TN 37203;
- (615) 557-5194; email: email@example.com
- Monday through Friday, beginning June 8th through July 17th
Completed applications including a $25.00 (non-refundable) application fee should be received by April 15th to
better insure placement. Applications thereafter will be accepted until we reach capacity. Space is limited, so applications are considered on a first come-first serve basis. if all spaces are filled, applications will only be accepted for inclusion on our waiting/mailing list.
$450.00 for PCSI only full sessions are considered. T-shirt and activity fees are included in the tuition. All fees should be paid with a CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER. TO PROTECT ALL, PERSONAL CHECKS AND CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please make remittance payable to the:
- PCSI Summer Program
Payment plans are available, but full payment is due on or before June 30th. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Participants requesting need-based assistance (only applies to the thrust & gusto programs) INCOME-BASED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE WILL BE CONSIDERED (DEPENDENT ON FUND AVAILABILITY AND ACCORDING TO SCALE), BUT IS NOT GUARANTEED. WITHOUT EXCEPTION, REQUESTS MUST INCLUDE PROOF OF NEED\ TAX INFORMATION AS REQUIRED.
Speak with a program representative
- Grade level assessment in reading, writing, and math for more than 150 public school students from 5th-12th grade. An individualized approach to addressing their weaknesses is planned and implemented.
- All students receive physical and health education appropriate for their grade level by certified health and physical education organizations, and Forum presentations to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- All participants fulfill their summer reading list; if they do not have one, we provide one.
- All participants are involved in fun field trips
- All students will preview a math, science, and English class that they will be enrolled in the Fall 2015. We tract the performance of our GUSTO participants throughout subsequent academic years until high school graduation and also their post-high school acceptances to college.