Apply to the Honors Program
Students who have completed at least one semester at Fisk University and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 are eligible to apply to the Honors Program. Applications are collected at the beginning of each semester, and students may apply in the spring of their first year, fall or spring of their sophomore year, or fall of their junior year.
To apply, students submit to Dr. Fleming (email@example.com) a single PDF containing:
- A completed application form, with each line filled out (click here to download an application form. );
- A current resume or curriculum vitae;
- A copy of your Fisk University transcript (student copy acceptable). You must have a minimum 3.25 GPA in order to apply.
- A 2-page personal statement indicating what makes you a good candidate for the W.E.B. Du Bois General University Honors Program (what would you bring to the program?); and
- A 3-4 page writing sample.
In addition to these documents, request a letter of recommendation from a Fisk University instructor be sent directly to Dr. Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once all applications are collected, the Honors Committee will interview each applicant, and successful applicants will be notified by email.