Becoming an All-Steinway School will ensure that Fisk is positioned to recruit the best keyboard students because students and faculty have access to the best solo instruments to achieve their technical and artistic goals. The Steinways as accompanying instruments will help us recruit music students in other areas of the music program. The Steinways will be an appreciating asset to our facilities because we will sustain an endowment to maintain the instruments for over a century, ensuring that we never again have to deal with deferred maintenance.
All-Steinway School Initiative
$2,000,000 needed to purchase 15 Steinway pianos to replace existing pianos including one in the Chapel and to establish an endowed maintenance program to ensure that pianos are maintained.
Objectives of the All-Steinway School Initiative
To obtain the highest quality necessary equipment for the Fisk University Music Program
To provide University-owned practice and performance instruments
To recruit the highest quality music students for the Jubilee Singers, University Choir, Jazz Ensemble and Opera Workshop
To recruit the highest quality music faculty for Fisk University’s growing music program
31 students with a declared major or minor in music, music performance, or music education
6 students enrolled in the cooperative Music Business program with Belmont University
253 students from all majors enrolled in music classes
326 students from all majors enrolled in courses taught by music faculty
Please help us raise the $2,000,000 necessary to become an All-Steinway School.
- $1,900,000—Jubilee Patron (includes name opportunities)
- $250,000—Steinway Legacy Society (includes naming opportunities)
- $100,000—Fisk Presidential Patron (includes practice room naming opportunities)
- $50,000—Ivory Key Patron (includes shared grand piano naming opportunities)
- $25,000—The Bulldog Music Circle (includes shared upright piano naming opportunities)
- $10,000—Steinway Composer’s Circle
- $5,000—Steinway Octave Circle
- $1,000—88-Key Circle
- $1,216,483—Replacement of all
- $800,000 endowment to perpetually endow piano maintenance and scholarships