HomeFree-USA launched the Center for Financial Advancement™ pilot at Fisk University in October 2017.
CFA is the FIRST financial and homeownership empowerment movement at select HBCUs created to:
- Elevate the financial stature and homeownership potential of students, faculty, parents, and community residents.
- Create a pipeline of skilled HBCU students for careers in real estate, mortgage lending and financial services through hiring and internships.
- Position HBCU partners as an economic engine in their communities.
- Amplify recruitment results for HBCUs.
The curriculum includes sessions on:
- The Power of Everyday Leadership which includes training on image, networking, dining etiquette, business conversations, social media etiquette, eye contact, handshake, and other professional skills that help to establish a presence. Students also participate in interactive team exercises on attitude, mindset, and goal setting.
- How to Have #Money4Life which includes sessions on establishing and managing your credit, understanding credit score, establishing a spending plan, understanding and managing student loan debt and repayment, creating a spending plan based on needs versus wants, learning effective ways to save using a case study and easy ways to make and save money while in college.