HomeFree-USA launched the Center for Financial Advancement™ pilot at Fisk University in October 2017.
CFA is the FIRST financial and homeownership empowerment movement at select HBCUs created to:
- Elevate the financial stature and homeownership potential of students, faculty, parents, and community residents.
- Create a pipeline of skilled HBCU students for careers in real estate, mortgage lending and financial services through hiring and internships.
- Position HBCU partners as an economic engine in their communities.
- Amplify recruitment results for HBCUs.
The curriculum includes sessions on:
- The Power of Everyday Leadership which includes training on image, networking, dining etiquette, business conversations, social media etiquette, eye contact, handshake and other professional skills that help to establish presence. Students also participate in interactive team exercises on attitude, mindset and goal setting.
- How to Have #Money4Life which includes sessions on establishing and managing your credit, understanding credit score, establishing a spending plan, understanding and managing student loan debt and repayment, creating a spending plan based on needs versus wants, learning effective ways to save using a case study and easy ways to make and save money while in college.