Sajid Hussain, Ph.D.
Dr. Sajid Hussain is a Associate Professor of Computer Science at Fisk University since 2010. He is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Fisk University since 2009. He worked as Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the Jodrey School of Computer Science, Acadia University, Canada, 2005-09. He received Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Manitoba, Canada, 2004.
He has published more than 70 refereed journal, conference, and workshop papers. His research is financially supported by several grants and contracts, such as NSF, UNCF/Google, NSERC, NRC, AIF/ACOA, and NSHRF. He has co-organized several journal special issues, conferences, and workshops. He has served on many technical program committees and reviewed papers for several journals. He is a senior member of IEEE.
Dr. Hussain is investigating energy advanced algorithms, efficient communication protocols and security techniques for mobile, ubiquitous, and pervasive applications. He is interested in bioinformatics, smart homes, telehealth, and industry automation. He is also interested in e-commerce and mobile-commerce applications.
Sajid Hussain’s Google Scholar profile:
- Sajid Hussain, Anjola Olayemi, and Sang-Soo. Yeo, “Genetic algorithm for effective open port selection for a web filter,” Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing (ISI/SCIE), Springer, pp. 1-6, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00779-012-0602-6.
- Wenzhong Guo, Naixue Xiong, Han-Chieh Chao, Sajid Hussain, and Guolong Chen, “Design and analysis of self-adapted task scheduling strategies in wireless sensor networks,” Sensors (ISI/SCIE), 11(7), pp. 6533-6554, 2011 http://doi:10.3390/s110706533.
- Andrei Gagarin, Sajid Hussain, and Laurence T. Yang, "Distributed hierarchical search for balanced energy consumption routing spanning trees in Wireless Sensor Networks," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC, indexed in SCIE), Elsevier, 70(9), pp. 975-982, 2010, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0743731510001085.
- Sajid Hussain, Mubashsharul I. Shafique, and Laurence T.Yang, "Constructing a CDS-based network backbone for energy efficiency in industrial wireless sensor network," in Proceedings of 12th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC-10), Melbourne, Australia, September 2010, acceptance ratio 58/304 (19.1%), BEST PAPER AWARD.
- Sajid Hussain, Anwarul Azim, and Jong-Hyuk Park, "Energy efficient virtual MIMO communication for wireless sensor networks," Telecommunication Systems, Springer (indexed in SCIE), 42(1), pp. 139-149, 2009.
- Sajid Hussain, Senol Z. Erdogan, and Jong H. Park, “Monitoring user activities in smart home environments,” Information Systems Frontiers (ISI/SCIE), Springer, 11(5), pp. 539-549, 2009, http://www.springerlink.com/content/g72l42unx517r2k5/.
- Sajid Hussain, Firdous Kausar, Ashraf Masood, and Jong H. Park, An efficient collusion resistant security mechanism for heterogeneous sensor networks," Internet Research Journal (ISI/SCIE), Emerald, 19(2), pp. 227-245, 2009, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/10662240910952364.
- Firdous Kausar, Sajid Hussain, Laurence T. Yang, and Ashraf Masood, "Scalable and efficient key management for heterogeneous sensor networks," Journal of Supercomputing (indexed in SCIE), Springer, 45(1), pp. 44-65, 2008.
- Sajid Hussain, Abdul W. Matin, and Obidul Islam, "Genetic algorithm for hierarchical wireless sensor networks," Journal of Networks (JNW), 2(7), pp. 87-97, 2007.
10. Sajid Hussain and Obidul Islam, “An energy efficient spanning tree based multi-hop routing in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC). IEEE Communication Society, 2007, pp. 4383-4388.
Note: The names of students are underlined.
Sajid Hussain, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Computer Science
BSc Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
MSc Electrical Engineering, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
PhD Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada