Dr. Qian’s research interests include optical computing, pure and applied logics, formal methods, computer security, pattern recognition, data mining, bioinformatics and grid computing. His researches were funded by NSF, NOAA, MDA, AFOSR and Hewlett Packard.
- H. John Caulfield, Andrey Zavalin, Lei Qian*, Zero-Energy Optical Logic: Can it be Practical? Journal of Supercomputing, Vol 62, N 2 681-688 (2012)
- L. Qian, H. J. Caulfield, What can we do with a linear optical logic gate, Information Sciences, 176 (2006) 3379-3392.
- Lei Qian, Message Dependence and Formal Verification of Authentication Protocols, Ph.D. Thesis, Indiana University (2005).
- H. John Caulfield and Lei Qian. The Thermodynamics of Computing. Encyclopedia of Complexity and System Science. Springer Science+Business Media (2009)
- Lei Qian and H. John Caulfield. Relocating the nonlinearity in optical logic. in Nonlinear Optics and Applications. Published by the Research Signpost publishing company. Edited by Hossin A. Abdeldayem and Donald O. Frazier. 319-338. (2007)
- H. J. Caulfield, R. A. Soref, L. Qian, A. Zavalin and J. Hardy. Generalized Optical Logic Elements – GOLES. Optics Communications. (2007).
- H. John Caulfield, Lei Qian. The Other Kind of Quantum Computing. International Journal of Unconventional Computing. Vol 2. No. 3. 281-289 (2006)
- H. J. Caulfield, J. Shamir, A. I. Zavalin, E. Silbermann, L. Qian, and C. S. Vikram. Simple Online Recognition of Optical Data Strings Based on Conservative Optical Logic , Applied Optics Vol 45 No. 17. 4069-4074 (2006)
- L. Qian, H. J. Caulfield, Abstract Passive Interferometers with Applications to Conservative Logic. Optik 116(2005), 404-408.
- C. T. Chong, L. Qian, T. A. Slaman and Y. Yang, Sigma_2 induction and infinite injury priority arguments, part III: Prompt Sets, minimal pairs and Shoenfield's conjecture, Israel Journal of Mathematics, vol. 121 (2001), 1-28.
Associate Professor of Computer Science and Discipline Coordinator of Computer Science.
BS in Mathematics, Nanjing University, China
MS in Mathematics, Nanjing University, China
MS in Computer Science, Indiana University, Bloomington
Ph.D. in Mathematics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Ph.D. in Mathematics and Computer Science, Indiana University, Bloomington
Dubois Hall 317