Please download the New Student Orientation Packet 2012
. This schedule is applicable to all incoming students. **NOTE: This document is
available in Adobe PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat®, a free
software plug-in for your web browser. If you do not have Adobe
Acrobat®, you must download and install it
before you can view these document.
New Student Orientation
On behalf of Fisk University, we would like to welcome you and your family to the Fisk University Family. We look forward to the 2012-2013 academic year. New Student Orientation Week is specifically designed for new students, First Year and Transfer.
By exposing students to the key services and opportunities available to them, we hope to enable students to make well-informed choices and decisions. In collaboration with campus offices, the orientation program aims to provide a structured and holistic introduction to the university environment for both families and students. Through programs offered, new students and their families will be informed about educational opportunities and responsibilities in and outside of the classroom.
New Student Orientation supports Fisk University's mission of helping students to become "Cultivating Scholars and Leaders One by One."
The primary goals of the orientation program are as follows:
- Aid new students in making the transition from their previous environment to Fisk University
- Acquaint new students and their families with the mission, programs, and services of the University
- Inform students of campus services and resources that will enhance their academic success and overall university experience
- Acquaint and educate students of their rights and responsibilities within the campus environment
- Emphasize the importance of students being involved on campus and taking responsibility and initiative for their own growth and development
- Provide students and their families the opportunity to interact with other students, faculty, and staff from the Fisk University Family
- Enable students to begin to feel connected to the Fisk University community and feel confident and excited about their college choice