An enrollment and/or degree certification is an official document that confirms attendance, awarded degrees, current and past enrollment, expected graduation date, academic standing, cumulative GPA, and other parts of a student academic record. Official certifications are printed on security paper with the University seal and the Registrar's signature.
Students may need certification of enrollment to defer student loans, to prove enrollment for their health insurance, to verify degrees for prospective employers or to show proof of academic standing to enroll in another institution. All requests for certification must be submitted in writing to the Office of the Registrar. Certification of directory information may be released without the student's written authorization. Fisk University defines directory information as local and permanent addresses, dates of attendance, enrollment status, school and major field of study, classification, earned degrees, expected degree date, and similar information. If a student has chosen to restrict his or her directory information, a written release from the student is required in order to process the request.
Certain confidential information may be released only with the student's written authorization and signature, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. See FERPA.
How to order an official verification:
A request for verification must include the following information.
- The date of the request
- Student's full name as it appears on University records
- Student's Fisk ID number and date of birth.
- The type of information you are requesting to be printed on the verification
- The purpose behind your request
- The name and address to whom it should be mailed/faxed
- Student's signature, if non-directory information is requested
- Postal address of requesting party, email address and daytime phone
- Any special instructions
- Any forms to be attached
Requests may be ordered by:
- Faxing a signed Certification Form to (615) 329-8587
- Submit a signed Certification Form in person (or by mail)
Office of the Registrar
1000 Seventeenth Avenue North
Nashville, Tennessee 37208
Phone: (615) 329-8586
Fax: (615) 329-8587