Summer Research Program
Summer Research Program (SRP) at Fisk University will offer summer research experience and the opportunity to conduct various types of Materials Science research. This program is designed especially for rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors majoring in such fields as physics, chemistry, mathematics, and engineering.
During this eight–week period from June 2 through July 31, students will be mentored by the Fisk University faculty, post docs and graduate students in the following areas: Chemical Physics, Optical Materials, Materials Science and Applications, Surface Science, and Engineering. Students will also participate in an organized program of lectures, mini-courses, laboratory visits and a variety of recreational activities.
The Fisk Experience
The SRP at Fisk is designed to help students engage in Materials Science research that have definite applications. The students will be groomed to understand various concepts about their research, and will present their research via oral presentation, poster sessions and written papers acquired throughout the eight-week program. Many of the students that have been in the Fisk University SRP have presented and won awards at various conferences over the years. The goal of Fisk University’s SRP is to encourage and prepare science majors that may be going to graduate/PhD programs.
- This program is designed especially for rising sophomores, juniors and seniors majoring in such fields as physics, chemistry, mathematics, and engineering
- Undergraduate must have a 3.0 or higher G.P.A. as a requirement to be considered
- Two (2) letters of recommendation by faculty
- Completed application submitted by February 28, 2014
- Send an official transcript to Dr. Ray Bullock or attach in your SRP Application
- Complete SRP Application
- All information can be attached to the SRP Application
- Must be U.S. Citizen
All Applicants will receive:
- Participating students are paid at the rate of $15/hr for a 35 hour week
- Working days are from June 2 through July 31
- There will be bi-weekly payments
- Room and board will be paid by the participant; however, lunch will be provided M-F. Further, there is an option to reside on campus (shared room, double occupancy) for $300/month/participant
- The roundtrip airfare from home (or a single destination, if the fare is same or less) will be paid for SRP participants. The airfare will be based on economy class; the home address must be a domestic address (US zipcode)