Business Administration Major Requirements
Upon completion of the business administration major, the student will:
- Demonstrate general business knowledge including economics, information systems, finance, accounting, marketing, international business, quantitative analysis and management theories.
- Demonstrate business leadership skills including ethics, self-confidence and initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and understand risk, returns, effective decision making critical thinking, planning and profitability.
- Demonstrate the uses of technology concepts and techniques by managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to use effective communication skills both written and oral through case studies, business plans, and/or oral presentation and research papers.
Courses offered in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, and management are open to all Fisk students who have met the prerequisites. Courses in health care administration, which are offered through Tennessee State University, and music business, which are offered through Belmont University, are available only to business majors.
Requirements for the business administration major, in addition to the University core and language requirements are as follows:
Major Requirements (40 Credits):
|ACC 230||Principles of Accounting I|
|ACC 240||Principles of Accounting II|
|BAD 110 or CSCI 100||Business Information Systems or Introduction to Computing|
|CSCI 100||Introduction to Computing|
|BAD 220||Legal and Ethical Environment of Business|
|BAD 250||Business Communications|
|BAD 399||Internship Seminar|
|BAD 490||Business Policy|
|ECON 230||Principles of Microeconomics|
|ECON 240||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|FIN 320||Business Finance|
|MGT 280||Management Principles and Practice|
|MGT 330||Production Operations Management|
Core Requirements (35 Credits):
|CORE 100||New Student Orientation|
|CORE 110||Communication I|
|CORE 120||Critical Thinking|
|CORE 130 or MATH 101||Mathematics|
|CORE 140||Communication II|
|CORE 210||The Varieties of Literature|
|CORE 220||The Creative Arts|
|CORE 230||Natural Science|
|CORE 250||Humanities: Thought and Exp.|
|CORE 360||The World and Its Peoples|
Foreign Language (12 credits):
|SPAN or FREN 101||Elementary I|
|SPAN or FREN 102||Elementary II|
|SPAN or FREN 200||Intermediate|
General Electives (5 credits)
Required Cognates (8 credits):
|BAD 260||Applied Statistics|
|SSCI 280||Methods & Statistics for Social Research|
|BAD 200||Applied Calculus for Business and Economics or|
|MATH 120||Calculus I|
Concentration (24 credits)