Lawrence M. Pratt, PhD
Associate Professor of Chemistry,
Department of Life and Physical Sciences,
School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Business
|Education ||PhD, Chemistry, Cornell University |
|Office ||211 Talley-Brady |
|Email ||lpratt (at) fisk.edu |
|Address ||1000 17th Ave. N., Nashville, TN, 37208, USA |
|Phone ||(615) 329-8559 |
Dr Pratt’s research interests includeorganolithium chemistry, molecular modeling, physical organic chemistry, organometallic chemistry, alternative fuel technology, and green chemistry. He is involved in productive collaborations with Dr M. Gunasekaran at Fisk University concerning novel approaches to alternative fuels, as well as developing an accompanying course on biofuels. Dr Pratt also has ongoing research and educational collaborations with universities in Vietnam and Japan, including annual travel to Vietnam for collaborative research activities involving Fisk University students. (Dr Pratt is fluent Vietnamese).
Dr Pratt’s teaching includes general, organic, and analytical chemistry (lecture and labs), molecular spectroscopy, inorganic chemistry, reaction mechanisms. He also leads special topics courses in organolithium chemistry, scientificwriting, and computational chemistry.
Student coauthors are underlined.
- Leonardo Degennaro, Rosmara Mansueto, Elisa Carenza, Rosanna Rizzi, Saverio Florio, Lawrence M. Pratt, Renzo Luisi Nitrogen Dynamics and Reactivity of Chiral Aziridines: Generation of Configurationally Stable Aziridinyllithiums Chem. Eur. J. 2011, In press
- Nguyen Tien Cong, Le Thanh Son, Nguyen Dinh Trieu, Lawrence M. Pratt, Pham Van Tan, Tieu Tuan Kiet, Ross M. Barajas. Synthesis and Properties of Novel 6-Aryl-3-(Aryloxymethyl)-7-H-1, 2, 4-Triazolo-[3, 4-b]-1, 3, 4-Thiadiazines. Journal of Chemistry (Vietnam), 2010, 48 (4B), 213
- Do Hoang Mai, Doan Ngoc Nhuan, Lawrence M. Pratt, Le Ngoc Thach. Study on Reaction of Gilman Reagent Lithium dibutylcuprate with Alkyl Halides. Journal of Chemistry (Vietnam), 2010, 48 (4B), 139
- B. Ramachandran, Purnima Kharidehal, Lawrence M. Pratt, Stewart Voit, Fabian N. Okeke, Monique Ewan. Computational Strategies for Reactions of Aggregated and Solvated Organolithium Carbenoids, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2010, 114, 8423
- Lawrence M. Pratt, Stewart Voit, Binh Khanh Mai, BichLien H. Nguyen. Lithium Cuprate Coupling Reactions: Evaluation of Computational Methods for Determination of the Reaction Mechanisms. J. Phys. Chem. A, 2010, 114, 5005
- Darryl D. Dixon, Marcus A. Tius, Lawrence M. Pratt. Gas Phase and Solution Structures of 1-Methoxyallenyllithium. J. Org. Chem. 2009, 74, 5881
- Lawrence M. Pratt, Ngan Van Nguyen, Ohyun Kwon .Fritsch-Buttenberg-Wiechell (FBW) Reaction of 1-Halovinyllithium Carbenoids: A Computational Study. Chem. Lett. 2009, 38, 574
- Lawrence M. Pratt, Phuong Thao Thị Tran, Ngan Van Nguyen, B. Ramachandran. Cyclopropanation Reactions of Halomethyllithium Carbenoids: A Computational Study of the Effects of Aggregation and SolvationBull. Chem. Soc. Japan, 2009, 82, 1107