Justus Ike, PhD
Associate Professor of Biology,
Department of Life and Physical Sciences,
School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Business
|Education ||PhD in Biology, Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA |
|Office ||216 W.E.B. DuBois Hall |
|Email ||jike (at) fisk.edu |
|Address ||1000 17th Ave. N., Nashville, TN, 37208, USA |
|Phone ||(615) 329-8729 |
Dr Ike’s research interest is focused on the mechanisms of action of serotonin in the central nervous system, and the determination of metabolites of neurotransmitters in various brain regions as a function of disease. He is also interested in investigating effective teaching techniques for undergraduate and graduate students.
He teaches Human Anatomy and Physiology, Cell Biology, General Biology to undergraduate students, and Cell Physiology, Systemic Anatomy, and Graduate Seminar to graduate students at Fisk University.
- Ike, Justus, Herve’ Canton and Elaine Sanders-Bush. 1995. Developmental switch in the hippocampal serotonin receptor linked to phosphoinositide hydrolysis. Brain Res. 678 : 49-54.
- Ike, J., P. Sangan, and M. Ganasekaran. 1992. Purification and Properties of lactate dehydrogensae from Nocardia asteroids. Microbios 69 : 119-127.
- Y. Dale, V. Mackey, R. Mushi. A. Nyanda, M. Maleque, J. Ike. Simultaneous measurement of phenylalanine and tyrosine in phenylketonuric plasma and dried blood by high-performance liquid chromatography. J. Chromatogr. B. 788 (2003) 1-8.
- Y. Dale, V. Mackey, A. Nyanda, M. Maleque, J.Ike. Determination of biogenic amines and metabolites by HPLC with UV detector from induced phenylketonuric rat brain regions. (Submitted to Eur. J. Neuroscience)
- Tene’ L. Smith1, Shayla T. Merry1, Deacqunita L. Harris2, J. Joe Ford3, Justus Ike1, Anthony E. Archibong4, and Aramandla Ramesh2. Species-Specific testicular and hepatic microsomal metabolism of benzo(a)pyrene, n ubiquitous toxicant and endocrine disruptor. Toxicology in Vitro 2007; 21: 753 – 75.