Sajid Hussain, PhD
Associate Professor of Computer Science,
Chair, Department of Business Administration,
School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Business
|Education ||PhD Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada |
|Office ||321 Park Johnson Hall |
|Email ||shussain (at) fisk.edu |
|Address ||1000 17th Ave. N., Nashville, TN, 37208, USA |
|Phone ||(615) 329-8524 |
|Personal Page ||http://cold.fisk.edu/sajid |
|Resume/CV || cv.pdf |
Dr. Sajid Hussain is Chair of the Department of Business Administration at Fisk University since 2010. He is also an Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Fisk University since 2009. He worked as Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the Jodrey School of Computer Science, Acadia University, Canada, 2005-09. He received Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Manitoba, Canada, 2004. Dr. Hussain is investigating energy efficient communication protocols and security techniques for mobile, ubiquitous, and pervasive applications. He is interested in smart homes, telehealth, and industry automation. He is also interested in e-commerce and mobile-commerce applications. He has published more than 70 refereed journal, conference, and workshop papers. His research is financially supported by several grants and contracts, such as UNCF/Google, NSERC, NRC, AIF/ACOA, and NSHRF. He has co-organized several journal special issues, conferences, and workshops. He has served on many technical program committees and reviewed papers for several journals. Further, he has reviewed grant proposals for NSERC's Discovery, SPG, and RTI grants. He is a member of IEEE, IET, CIPS, and CAIAC, as well as Sigma Xi and Delta Mu Delta honor societies.
- Andrei Gagarin, Sajid Hussain, and Laurence T. Yang, "Distributed hierarchical search for balanced energy consumption routing spanning trees in Wireless Sensor Networks," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC, indexed in SCIE), Elsevier, 70(9), pp. 975-982, 2010.
- Sajid Hussain, Mubashsharul I. Shafique, and Laurence T.Yang, "Constructing a CDS-based network backbone for energy efficiency in industrial wireless sensor network," in Proceedings of 12th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC-10), Melbourne, Australia, September 2010, acceptance ratio 58/304 (19.1%), BEST PAPER AWARD.
- Sajid Hussain, Anwarul Azim, and Jong-Hyuk Park, "Energy efficient virtual MIMO communication for wireless sensor networks," Telecommunication Systems, Springer (indexed in SCIE), 42(1), pp. 139-149, 2009.
- Firdous Kausar, Sajid Hussain, Laurence T. Yang, and Ashraf Masood, "Scalable and efficient key management for heterogeneous sensor networks," Journal of Supercomputing (indexed in SCIE), Springer, 45(1), pp. 44-65, 2008.
- Sajid Hussain, Abdul W. Matin, Obidul Islam, "Genetic algorithm for hierarchical wireless sensor networks," Journal of Networks (JNW), 2(7), pp. 87-97, 2007.
Note: The names of students are underlined.