Upon completion of the business administration major, the student will:
- Demonstrate general business knowledge including economics, information systems, finance, accounting, marketing, international business, quantitative analysis and management theories.
- Demonstrate business leadership skills including ethics, self-confidence and initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate and understand risk, returns, effective decision making critical thinking, planning and profitability.
- Demonstrate the uses of technology concepts and techniques by managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to use effective communication skills both written and oral through case studies, business plans, and/or oral presentation and research papers.
Requirements for the business administration major, in addition to the University core and language requirements, are as follows:
| Common Professional Component || 40 cr. |
| Cognate courses || 8 cr. |
| Concentration || 24 cr. |
Courses offered in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, and management are open to all Fisk students who have met the prerequisites. Courses in health care administration, which are offered through Tennessee State University, and music business, which are offered through Belmont University, are available only to business majors.
Check the Business Majors Schedules (PDF) for more detail requirements and related information.
Courses Balance Sheets
The following balance sheets (MS Excel) will assist students in planning their courses: