Poster Printing Schedule
The poster printing will be done on April 4 (Monday) and April 5 (Tuesday).
Due to Tornado on April 4 and network problem, the printing days are extended to April 6 (Wednesday).
Students from Computer Science Club will be available on the following schedule:
- April 5, Tuesday - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- April 6, Wednesday - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
For more information, please contact:
- Fabian Okeke, fnokeke [at] gmail.com
- Bolutife J. Ogunjobi, bolutife.ogunjobi [at] gmail.com
We will use CPCoM/CREST printing facility available in 303 DuBois Hall.
The presentation board is 4 ft. by 4 ft. and is made of fabric. Your poster size (PowerPoint) should be 34 inches (height) by 44 inches (width). The layout should be readable from a distance. Your pages will be mounted on the presentation board with velcro (which you must provide—can be bought by the yard at Dollar General; is also available as dots from Walmart). Remember the presentation is visual. This is NOT an essay or prose paper. Please be creative in designing your posters. The format should be your PowerPoint presentation (keep the font size for most text around 24 to 28 pts., even 32 pts.; titles and headings can be up to 44 pts.).
- Please obtain a PowerPoint template from your mentor and make sure it is set with the right parameters (PAGE SETUP: height 34", and width 44").
- Make sure that the text and figures are at least one inch away from the four (4) margins of the poster.
- Start PowerPoint
- Go to File, Page Setup, select Print
- Select "HP DesignJet 800 42 by HP" printer (pulldown menu)
- Click on Properties
- Go to paper size ANSI E-34x44.
- Go to Orientation, select Landscape, then click OK, and click OK to print.
- The printer will take about 10 minutes to warm up and print, depending on how large the file is.
- If for some reason you may want to stop printing, push the orange button that says CANCEL.
- Please check Marian Burns (mburns (at) fisk.edu, x8664) to access the printing room.
- If you need more information regarding poster printing or designing, please contact Sajid Hussain at shussain (at) fisk.edu.