General University Honors Graduation Requirements
- Formal application and acceptance into the Honors Program
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative grade point average
- Course Requirements: A minimum of 20 credit hours, including at
least one honors colloquium (4 hours), a Junior year independent study
(4 hours) of readings for the Honors Senior Capstone Project (4 hours).
The other credits will be obtained through Honors colloquia,
independent studies, and regular courses taken for Honors credit.
Students must make at least a grade of “B” to receive Honors credit.
- Participation in an Honors Conference
- Honors Senior Capstone Project: 8 of the 20 credit hours required
for General University Honors, this research project is developed
during the Junior year independent study (4 hours) and completed in the
Honors Senior Capstone Project (4 hours). It is the culmination of the
General University Honors Program experience and, as such, the results
are presented in writing and defended orally before a faculty committee.
- Extracurricular Activities: Members of the Honors Program are
expected to participate in various sponsored activities, such as
lectures, fireside chats, film series, field trips, and informal